in the hospital at 31+4

AmandaAnn

Twin Mommy
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I too do not have premies yet but am hospitalized with preeclampsia and one twin with growth restriction/ low fluid so am staring at delivery daily. Just kind of hoping to hear from someone who had their baby around this time and get some reallife perspective as to what to expect, what you really wish you'd known or been told, things like that. Thanks so much in advance for your replies. Anything will help right now.

I had my son at 25 weeks and life in the NICU is not easy you just manage. Ypu are @ a good gestatation so hopefully your time wont be long in NICU. I also had preeclamsia, so tyr not to stress to much. congrats on your double bundle of team blue

Thank you. I know it could be much sooner, just as your situation shows. Still scary of course. Yes, just staying as calm as possible.

I had my boys at 32+3. When I was in hospital they just about managed to get one on the Neonatal consultants to come and talk to me about what to expect etc - I found that helpful. At first NICU can seem scary but you soon get used to everything there, I found the nursing staff were excellent. Try to take each day as it comes, Noah spent 5 weeks in there and although it seemed ages at the time it really did go so quick.

Hope everything goes well :flower:

My girls were born at 32+3 and were in the NICU for 4 weeks- The best advice I can give you is to ask questions and question answers- they are YOUR babies and you need to understand their care at all stages- We were blessed with an amazing NICU staff who was more than willing to talk to us and show us everything, it made bringing them home so small way less scary!
You are at a really good gestation and if they can hold you out even just a couple more days you're looking at very few risks :)
:hug:

I had my son at exactly 31 + 4 he was in the NICU for a month. It really is much harder than everyone expects. I am not sure if this is what you're looking for but something I reallyreally wish someone would've told me sooner was to keep track of their progress in the NICU and Bradies/Apnea, feeding tube, oxygen, weight etc. So you can truly see how far they've come as it's hard to be able to see that when you're caught up in the moment.
OH also you should see if your hospital has a NICU parent support group, the hospital we were at did they had Mom's currently and that had already gone through the NICU experience.
:flow:

Thanks ladies. They are delivering me tomorrow at 32. Wish us luck. I'm sure I'll be back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->