Increased appetite?

jenstar

Reaction score
I've heard of babies going off milk once they start solids and know that HV's like babies getting minimum 20 oz a day......

....but what about babies INCREASING their intake of everything, food AND milk? I thought he was just thirsty but water made him cry louder and he took a whole bottle. I hope I haven't stretched his stomach feeding him lol. He's a big boy already, I dread to think what size he'll be if he continues this eating and drinking.

Any other babies like this when starting weaning?

Hannah's milk intake didn't drop at all when I weaned her, I was really worried about it too because she's always been a small milk drinker. But she eats what she did in milk plus 3 meals and 2 snacks a day!

I started weaning a week ago and Leo is definately more milk hungry and is now on two meals a day! I thought he must be thirsty but only drinks a tiny bit of water.

Rebecca was weaned really quickly because of reflux but her milk intake didn't drop at all. She was on 3 meals a day within a fortnight I think n only recently has she started drinking less milk. She does have about 20oz a day..sometimes a little more and sometimes less. Her diet is varied though so I'm happy that she's getting everything she needs. They're only guidelines at end of day eh?
She is a heavyweight and I reckon the solids (veg n fruit being the main) have stopped her gaining weight so quickly.
Mark will slow down on the milk when he's ready to. Rememer that his milk drinking is a big part of his daily life, relaxing, comforting, a time to be close to you. So he's not going to give it up that easily! :)

ali's appetite has really increased since being weaned....it is weird cos he was never a big milk drinker, to the point we were really worried about him....i give him as much milk/food as he wants. he still really cries for his milk and his milk intake is not much less than before he was getting food.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->