Incredibly clingy 4m old? Getting to the end of my tether!!

L

LilMiss_91

So my 4m old dd has become incredibly clingy. She won't sleep during the day unless she is being held. She screams bloody murder if you dare put her down when she's asleep. She screams if you put her down and walk away from her, even if she can still hear/see you. It's making day to day life impossible and finding anytime to give my 3yr old on his own even more impossible. She's usually fine again almost as soon as you pick her up or touch her so it is literally just the attention she wants, she isn't hungry etc. She'sprobably exhausted from not sleeping but I can't do much about that asI can't carry her around 24/7. Is this a normal phase? I don't remember my son being at all like this at any point. :shrug: I don't know what to do but I can't carry on like this.

Will she stay asleep if she falls asleep and then you put her down? Maybe try a baby wrap/carrier. Then she can be close but you are free to interact with your son x

No, that's what I mean. She'll fall asleep being joggled/bounced but as soon as you lay her down her eyes pop open and she starts yelling again until you pick her up. I do have a caboo carrier but I can't manage her in that for long as my back gets very sore.
She's obviously knackered but she just won't stay asleep!!

Aw bum. I feel for you as DS1 was like that but I had the luxury to hold him all the time.

Maybe a swing could work? X

Maybe a swing or a bouncy chair so she still has movement as though you are bouncy her while she is sleeping.

I have always found 4 months a difficult age :hugs:
I just had to wear mine constantly. A swing did help until he was around 5 months and then he didn't like the swing.

The only way Emma naps is if I push her back and forth across bumpy grass in her buggy or something that makes a 'bump' inside, like an electrical lead etc etc.

None of my kids have ever stayed asleep if I rock them and put them down.

I have found both my little ones go through this stage.
For dd2 I have a manduca carrier. It's ergonomically designed to support your back and baby properly. Another good band is the ergo baby (I just want to add I have no idea what the caboo carrier is like. Perhaps it is ergonomically supportive. If it is are you wearing it properly. You should be able to kiss the baby's head).

Yes at this stage I probably did less housework and possibly watched an extra cartoon so I could sit down and cuddle my baby.

Could u try swaddling her before she falls asleep? My daughter is the same age and sleep is a total joke in our house at the moment (major 4 month regression!!) but I do find swaddling helps a bit xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->