indigestion so bad it makes me vomit, Antacids don't do a thing, help me please!! :(

hanni

Reaction score
As the title says, almost every night now ive got indegestion so bad it makes me sick, theres blood in my vomit from retching so hard, my eyes are blood shot and im totally exhausted. I need sleep! I cant stop burping & If i dont end up being sick I get agonising chest pains. :(
Anything i eat triggers it, i am miserable.
Please help me! Any advice to settle this would be greatly apprechiated.

(Sorry about the appauling spelling and grammar, im on my stupid tablet)

Gosh, I think I'd go talk to the Dr asap. That sounds absolutely miserable :( I had heartburn pretty bad too (waking up at night choking on bile ect) but diet control and tums fixed me up. The chest pain portion almost sounds like a gallbladder issue to me. I'd definitely make a Dr appt soon

Go to your doctor, hopefully they'll be able to prescribe something for you. Hope you feel better soon!

Are you just on Tums? Or have you tried a preventative like Zantac (Ranitidine). I'd get crazy bad heartburn until I mentioned it to an OB and she told me to take 150 mg of Zantac up to twice a day plus Tums in addition if I still needed them. I've only had to take Tums a few times since (before adding the Zantac I was constantly maxing out on Tums dosage with no relief). I was told to try this first and if it didn't help that something stronger could be prescribed.

^^ agreed.. Zantac is the only thing that saves me, tums never touched my heartburn. Hope you get some relief soon!

Aw hun, I think a trip to the GP is required. Have you tried any natural remedies like ginger sweets, peppermint or fennel tea?

My Mum had this with me and the only thing that worked was... a shot of brandy each morning. Seriously. Her consultant recommended it to relax the gut which stopped the spasms and kept things down for a while. Unbelievable advice 30 years ago but it makes sense.

I think at 29 weeks they should be able to give you something if Ranitidine doesn't work for you. xxx

I'm on Zantac/Ranitidine, have been for months and its the only thing that helped me. That said, it's not a cure all and I still have days I live on antacids too.

Thanks ladies! Ive got a midwife appointment on monday so i'll ask her for something then. I was up a 8 times being sick last night. Safe to say I am at my wits end! :(

I'm assuming you've tried gaviscon liquid not just the dry tablets? If you haven't get down to your 24 hour supermarket and get yourself some double action gaviscon liquid and get swigging it! That stuff helps me no end! I get an own brand version on prescription from the GP now i go through so much of it.

If however you have tried that already, then definitely get to the GP for a stronger prescription! x

Oh no, don't wait until Monday. It sounds horrible! Plus your midwife might send you to your doctor to get a prescription anyway. See if you can see your GP before the weekend. Or call your midwife to check.
Good luck, I hope they can help you quickly :hugs:

I've tried the liquid gaviscone but it makes me gag! I'd try and book a Dr's appointment earlier but my surgery takes ages. Probably wouldn't be able to get one before Monday, she's prescribed me antacids before so she should be able to prescribe me something more effective. If not ill have to wait :(

thank you for your help ladies :)

For some temporary relief until you see your midwife, try mixing a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda in a glass of warm water and drink it. Tastes like crap but when I get really desperate it's the only thing that even touches it. Try not to use it too often though as the salt content isn't great for baby x

Mine was so aweful. Zantac did nothing. Now I'm on Aciphex and it has helped a lot.

Medications don't seem to help 100% for me.... I find sometimes the best relief at night is to fall asleep sitting straight up.... When I lay down I wake up choking and coughing til I can't breathe from acid shooting up my esophagus so fast...also half the time end up puking too. The only thing that helps avoid such misery is stacking my pillows andante literally sleeping like I'm sitting up in a chair.....:/ not easy but eventually u fall asleep ... And without a puke fest lol

I'm guessing you'll need something stronger and more effective, but just in case you get desperate before your appointment, papaya enzyme is supposed to help. It can't hurt, at least, beyond wasting a few bucks. I hope you get some relief soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->