Indoor rabbit hutch

Bunnipowder

Reaction score
Any tips of keeping the smell down?

Do you clean your cage out more than twice a week?

Do you use a special type of bedding?

Only brought our bunny the weekend his too young to be out in the cold just yet so got him inside don't mind him permanently staying inside if the smell dosen't get bad.

:flower:

My best tip is to line the bottom of the hutch with vinyl flooring - preferably in one piece - and then seal it round the edges with silicone (like the stuff you can buy for fish tanks)

That way the wood at the bottom doesn't get soaked with wee and is easy to keep really clean which keeps the smell down :thumbup:

We have guinea pigs indoors now that its winter and we have a plastic indoor cage for them, they're much easier to keep clean. I change all their bedding twice a week and change the soiled bits inbetween. I'm lucky because they have both started going to the toilet in a particular corner of the cage so its easy to keep it clean.

It does depend if you have a cage or hutch, a hutch will hold the pee whereas a plastic cage can be cleaned with vinegar and hot water which helps keep smells down. You could also try training your bin to use the litter tray then just clean that daily.
If it's been keep indoors your bun won't be able to go out now until spring, as he wont have grown his thick winter coat to keep him warm.

Yeah it's a plastic cage, seems like he does do his weeing in one corner iv just changed that bedding today. Read online that getting him castrated would cut down on the smell too as he wouldn't be spaying, il be asking about that when I take him for injecs x

they wont castrate until they are six months old as far as im aware. I would go down the litter tray route too. You can get them that fit the corner of the cage then you can clean that as often as you wish. I used to line ours with kitchen roll and just change the roll every day and spray and clean the tray itself every couple of days with cage spray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->