Induced at 35 weeks - could use some reassurance!

Ferry

Reaction score
So I'm 35+1. Last Thurs the midwife noticed my blood pressure was way up and I was promptly shipped off to hospital. Been there every second day since, getting scans and bloods and trace tests and whatnot.

Today the consultant came to talk to me about my "plan". I told him that sounded ominous and he didn't laugh - which I took to be REALLY ominous!

Anyway, long story short, my amniotic fluid is low, there's trace protein in my urine and, even though my blood pressure is down somewhat, my urate level is shooting up and he said they were going to induce me early. Next week (cue panic attack). Then he says, "Hmmm, I think Saturday".

Saturday is not next week. Saturday is THIS week and poor wee babba is only 35 and measuring 32+3! Obviously I know they wouldn't be suggesting this if it wasn't the right thing to do, but I've been TTC for four years and had three early miscarriages in that time so I am FREAKING OUT that something is going to go horribly, horribly wrong. :cry:

Any ladies been induced early or with low growth babies and got a success story to bolster my confidence? I'd really appreciate it!

xxx

35 weeks is a great gestation! Even if the baby is only measuring 32+3 their lungs and such are very developed and the risks are low. I know it's hard not to worry, but think about it this way, if you had gone into natural labor on Saturday, most hospitals would not have stopped it and you would be delivering a baby anyways :) 35 weeks is a nice healthy baby! Try not to fret!

Good luck hun, you are only a few weeks from term. I know all will be fine. I understand how you feel as once you have miscarried you never can relax in pregnancy.... I've had five over the last four years & I worry about every little thing! But I'm sure all will be fine & you'll be bringing home you beautiful rainbow baby :)

Let's us know how it goes, big hugs Xxx

They gave me the steroid injections (ouch!) today and yesterday to try and boost his lungs. Yesterday they told me it was "just in case". Ha! What a difference a day makes!

My niece was born at 35 weeks. She had some jaundice and reflux, but other than that, she was fine and was home from the hospital in 3 days. She caught up on her weight etc, by 3-4 months.

35 weeks is great, no matter how baby is measuring. Good luck and wish you the absolute best. :hugs:

35 weeks is perfect, especially when their risks as preeclampsia in the mix.. <3 I know quite a few women who have had their babies that early or earlier and they are all doing great. You'll just have a tiny baby to snuggle longer, I only say that because my 4.5 monther is 19 ibs 27" and in toddler clothes!!! Enjoy it!! <3

I had pre eclampsia and was on bed rest for a week until they put me in the hospital, the very next day they did a bio physical and they only got a small movement from baby. They did a c section an hour later, I was 35 weeks and scared to death! He was on low oxygen for 13 hours (he was weaned down all day). 5 lbs 10oz 21in....perfect little boy.
it was the best choice for both of us.

My water broke at 35w1d and I had her the next morning. She was fine. She came to the room with me and then home when I did. She was little, 5lb 12 oz, but from about 2 months on she's been on the upper percentiles for weight and height. She also had some jaundice and I had to rent a phototherapy light to keep her under at home for 4 days, but other than that no problems. She's almost 2 now and hasn't even had a cold; never has run any fever (knock on wood!) Good luck!

My lo was born at 34 + 5 weighing 5lb 1oz.
She was fine but a little slow to feed in the beginning.
She's healthy as could be, on the 75th for height and weight and is an excellent talker. She met all her milestones on time.
Some 35 weekers may need assistance. Rest assured that your at a great gestation and that the risks from pre e now out weigh the risks of early delivery.
Best of luck x

I was induced at 33w due to preeclampsia, it was a wonderful completely pain relief free quick lovely birth.

My cervix was 2cm long thick and closed and highly unfavorable yet the induction went without a hitch, baby was born screaming his lungs out :)

I had a 37 weeker who was induced due to Alpha Haemolytic Strep, 5lb 12.5 oz due to growth restriction. She escaped the NICU and was in transitional care by my bedside for 10 days. There were a lot of 35/36 weekers in TC who had been in NICU for one or two days on low flow oxygen then declared "feeders and growers" and sent to be in the ward with mum for some monitoring and to get strong to go home.

Not as bad as it seems. They were relatively jovial when I went into labour at 30 and 32 weeks saying there's very few risks of complications even at that gestation anymore. GL xxx

I was induced with my 34 weeker and had my 35 weeker because my waters broke early. Both were fine but got jaundiced and had phototherapy one weighed 5.4 and the other 5.10 both stayed on the ward with me and we're home within a week xx

So it happened. We were induced Saturday at 11am, had a sweep (ow!) at 6pm and sent round to labour suite. Started pushing at 9pm and baby Harrison was born at 9.08pm :)

4lb 10oz which, considering they told me he was measuring 3 weeks behind, I was really pleased with.

We were on the ward for five days - but Harry stayed out of SCBU (Special Care Baby Unit) and we came home today.

Very happy to be home... but slightly terrified to be in charge of my tiny, tiny baby!

xxx

Congrats Ferry :hugs: I'm glad your little boy is doing well!

What others have said, 35 weeks is very low risk for anything to be wrong. I am sure you will have a nice healthy baby.

Sorry did not read the updates. Glad everything went well congrats mama!

Congratulations!
I know it's scary having such a teeny baby but wait till you see he'll be a chubby bubby in no time.

My baby girl came home at 5lb and a month later she is over 8lbs!

Keep in mind they are stronger than we give them credit for. I remember being so delicate and taking a year to change her / put her clothes on.

Congrats momma. We are hoping to stick it out until 34 weeks after my water broke at 31 weeks :s. Baby is measuring 4lb 1oz, so is a bit above average at 31 weeks. Praying he doesn't have to spend much time in nicu. Happy to hear your little one is home with you already.

Congrats - glad it all went well... Good weight!

In case you get stuck for little baby clothes - Asda of all places do premature to tiny baby sizes online and in bigger stores. I found even the teensiest of mothercare clothes too big for my 5lb 12.5ozer. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->