induced birth story

mum2kanda

Reaction score
Thought i would post my amazing birth story for all the moms scared of being induced.

I had planned on having a homebirth so was really gutted when i went 12 days over and booked for an induction. I arrived at the hospital at 9.30am on friday morning midwifes were busy so they didn't manage to put pessary in till 2.30pm at that stage my cervix was 1 cm dilated, very stretchy but still high up. At 6.00pm was having period pain slowly coming in waves every 5-10 mins. Went for a walk and they got more uncomfortable, so got checked again was 3 cm dilated. So went for another walk when walking back through ward my midwife stopped me as she could see my contractions was getting more intense she said she had spoke to delivery and they were not busy so even though i was not in what they called established labour would i like to use the birthing pool. I said yes i was really excited as had never thought i would be able to have a water birth because of being induced.

We went in to the birthing pool room bout 8.30pm it was fantastic really homely the lights was dimmed with candles round the pool relaxing music was playing in the background, i felt more relaxed just by walking in. My contractions were starting to get really intense and i couldnt talk through them having 3 every 10 mins lasting bout a min and getting really bad pressure in my back. So got in pool and the relief from the pressure in my back was amazing had a brilliant midwife in the room with us made us drinks gave me ice lollies and tip tops to keep cool.

At about 10.20pm i got really hot in the pool so decided to get out. The pressure in my back was very intense just felt like my waters needed to break so asked my midwife if there was any chance she could just brake them as i felt they just needed to go. At about 10.50pm she broke them for me the relief was instant i was 4-5 cm dilated but very stretchy when she broke them. I then got back into the birthing pool at this point my contractions was just blending in to one long contraction i suddenly had the urge to push told mw and she said it was just the pressure of the baby coming down. She then went to get the delivery pack. She was out the room for 2mins i had the feeling to bear down told my oh to get her back quick just as she was running in the room my little girls head crowned.

Lucy was born at 11.14pm weighing 7lb 8 after 27 mins of established labour with no pain relief or stitches. :happydance:

Sorry this story is long but wanted to let you moms know my induction was amazing and dont let anyone scare you with horror stories everyone is different and every labour is different. :hugs:

Congratulations!!! Thanks for posting the birth story.

Thank you!! I am most likely going to be induced in a few weeks and was dreading it. This type of story helps me feel so much more confident!!

And CONGRATZ!

Thank you so much for sharing... I think i posted something yesterday about wanting to hear positive inductions stories... I find out tommorrow if they're going to schedule me for and induction... and I'm already scared... :hugs: congrats! on your little girl. :)

Congratulations. And thanks for posting your positive induction experience. Mine is scheduled for tomorrow and stories like yours make me less nervous.
Congrats again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->