Induced Labour or Schedule C-Section?

Victory78

Reaction score
I'm pregnant with twins, both currently head down, so I plan to attempt a vaginal birth.

However if I don't go into labour before 37/38 weeks, I will either be induced or have a c-section. I need to make the choice of what would be the best option by next week.....

Anyone have any opinions or experiences. I don't know much about being induced, but have heard that it can last for hours and it isn't always successful and women get sent off for emergency c-section anyway.

While not the ideal, most inductions are perfectly successful. It's a personal decision, but with my first child there were many doubts I could have vaginal due to a previous pelvis injury. But we attempted vaginal (induced)and were successful. However, I made sure to get an epidural in and everything medically prepared so that if something went wrong, I could be switched immediately to a c section without having to be put fully under. Otherwise, if j had tried medicine free, and something went wrong, they would have had to put me fully out. Talk with your doc and medical team, they should support whatever your decision.

I plan to avoid both induction and c section if possible but if I had to choose one, I'd go with the induction. Good luck!

Do your research on a bishop score ahead of time as it has a lot to do with how likely you are to end up with c section after an induction is attempted. I would just go with whatever doctor recommended based on how your babies are positioned and how "ready" your cervix is for an induction.

Such a hard decision! I agree with above post, if you are conflicted, then I would go with your Dr advice. I was induced after failing to dilate and tbh I hated it and ended up with an EMCS - I don't know what I will do if I go beyond my DD. I will have to make the same decision as you. Good luck! X

Difficult choice with twins as its not unheard of for twin one to come head first then for second twin to turn and present breech or transverse which would mean a section. Maybe as pp said - try induction but factor in an epidural so that a section can be done last minute. Apparently induction can cause intense contractions so an epidural would probably be a blessing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->