Induction using cytotec??

sprite30

Reaction score
I wanted to get an up to date dialogue going about your thoughts on hospitals using cytotec to induce labor. I've watched numberous documentaries warning about not takin this drug and I was suprised that my ob practice and hospital both consider this "standard practice" so my first thought was I've got to get on google and shortly found out that all the searches I've come across are pretty outdated and yes they do all warn against taking it. I haven't signed any consents yet thought they did schedule me in for Tuesday night with a Wednesday induction. I voiced my concerns immediately and they worked with me...oh let me go back a bit by saying my hospital is very pro natural laboring and very supportive of birth plans and choices regarding epidurals, etc so when they gave me the game plan for cytotec and pitocin I was actually pretty suprised. That being said, they scheduled me in and I'm going to do another bpp on Tuesday morning and cervical check and if no progress or labor doesn't start spotanteously then they would like to proceed with the cytotec. My doctor and nurses all assure me this is standard practice yadda yadda yadda. By next Wednesday I'll be 41+5.

So a couple questions to get this started...did you take cytotec? How overdue were you? Is this standard practice were you are?

Looks like the FDA website hasn't been updated since 2009....crazy I know https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafet...ormationforPatientsandProviders/ucm111315.htm

I've heard very recently from someone whose baby was very ill because of it... I don't know why they still use it... I'd definitely decline :/

Thanks for this. My doc wants to induce starting with cytotec tomorrow night and I think I'm going to refuse. I have GD and high blood pressure, both very much controlled and my numbers are great, baby is not too big or too small, so unless they give me a clear real reason I'm going to refuse. I'm scared of that drug, heard too many horror stories and my friend was once given this at an abortion clinic for her abortion. It says it on the drug facts to not use it in pregnant women. I had nightmares last night. Did you ever go through with it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->