Induction without pain medicine

PrayerfulHope

Mom of 2
Reaction score
Because of many concerns for baby's health, the doctors have been pushing me toward induction for three weeks. yesterday they were ready to admit me right then and there but my MW stuck up for me and bought me a few more days. Tomorrow is the day, if baby is still not thriving I'll be induced.

I had planed on natural child birth - bradley method. I would still 100% like to achieve child birth without pain medicine, and am looking for any positive induction stories without pain medicine, even if you started out without and ended up getting it after a while.

Thank you lovely ladies:flower::flower::flower:

I DO NOT want to hear from ANYONE please that it's horrible or I'm crazy for wanting to be induced without pain medicine, and that sort of crap. I don't want any pot mixers so to speak.

I just saw the other post on this :dohh: I'm sorry!
If anyone else has a story though feel free to share :flower:

someone who wants to stir the pot or create controversy or trouble for no beneficial reason...

You are not crazy to want a birth without pain medication, i have asked the same question as i already know i will be induced and i want what you want lol an active, medical intervention and pain releif free birth!

The ladies i've spoken to have made me feel it is possible, just stick to your guns and let them know what you want/need unless there is a very good reason to intervene they should let you be as active as you can and monitor you while you move or sit on a birth ball.

Your deffinately not crazy and i hope you get the birth you want xxx

I was induced with my last boy 3 yrs ago and without pain releif. I'm fortunate to progress through labor really quickly so that helped...but most definatly duable. Is this your first baby? Really the only difference for me being induced compared to my first son who was also natural but not induced....was that the contractions are closer together and a bit more intense.

But in the end it's all worth it! It's amazing how the second the baby is out...contractions stop!

I didn't have pain meds until the very end. I was afraid I had a long time left, but in reality I only had two hours. If I would have known that, I wouldn't have needed meds. I got scared. I think that it is very doable. I'm a huge wuss when it comes to pain because I freak myself out. If you stay calm, you'll be okay.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->