Infertile but waiting...

Bobcats

Reaction score
My husband and I have been ttc for three years. Last year we had an ectopic pregnancy and I lost a tube. This spring I met with a reproductive endocrinologist (RE) who had me tested for everything, and discovered I had a low follicle count, low AMH, and diagnosed me with Premeature Ovarian Failure (a cause could not be determined.) Based on these findings, we were told in June that our only hope is IVF and he put me at a 1-2% chance of falling pregnant naturally.
We decided not to pursue IVF for financial and other personal reasons. I admit, there is still a part of me that hope it will happen naturally.

Since the diagnosis, I've changed jobs to a much less stressful line of work and have made some dietary changes. I've been having issues with inflammation and achy joints, so I've been eating low carb/low gluten the last two months and the daily swelling is gone. I got off my phentermine medication after losing 40 lbs since last year.

I ovulated last week (calendar method) and have been feeling peculiar since then. When I usually have PMS, my breasts feel swollen and tender. These last few days, only my nipples have been tender and warm to the touch. I had light cramping Sunday and Monday and yesterday light, pink spotting for 6 hours.

I have a 26-27 day cycle and my period isn't due for approximately 7 days. I've never had midcycle spotting or tender nipples before. I've had some other symptoms like cravings and fatigue, but I've had those with PMS in the past. I've been a little weepier than normal, though.

I'm so, so anxious and I can't talk to anyone I know because I don't want to put that info out there and get everyone's hopes up after all of our heartbreak. Given my past I am at risk for another ectopic and I'm terrified. I know I can technically test early, but I'm so scared this is a chemical pregnancy and I don't want to get my hopes up. I have a hair color appointment the day before my period is due, so I'm going to have to test sometime this week to be safe.

I'm freaking out... thank you so much for listening because I truly don't have anyone to talk to.

Wishing you luck, biology always tries to find a way and more so when you least expect it or try for it. Post your test when you you do it if you please :D

(P.S. I only have one tube and ovary as well and have had 2 chemical pregnancies so I'm rooting for you hun!)

Your symptoms do sound promising. I really really hope this is it for you.

Really hope this is it for you, let us know. Wishing you all the best x

Thank you so much for your support. I tested with First Response Early Response Thursday with first morning urine, 6 days before my period and the test turned out be a dud and was blank (of all the times for this to happen...ugh.)

I used the second FRER Saturday with first morning urine, four days before my period is due, and got a BFN. I was heartbroken and cried a little, but I'm still taking my prenatal vitamins and avoiding alcohol until I know for certain.

That being said, if I don't get a BFP I'm really concerned as to why I would have spotted for 6 hours, midcycle. Regardless, I'll keep y'all updated.

Btw, symptom-wise, I've gone from sore nipples to full on sore breasts.

I'm 4 weeks pregnant and took a test 2 days before AF was due. The line that came up was very very faint. It's only now, 5 days later, with AF 3 days late that I am getting lines as dark as the control line. Try again! You can go from nil to 100% very quickly.

I have very sore boobs too - started off as just nipples, now everywhere lol. My 2 year old wanting to breastfeed is killing me. :/

Well, I have an update, but nothing is clear. I tested Monday and got a BFN, so I figured I was officially out. Started seeing some blood Tuesday night and thought AF must be here. I went all day Wednesday cramping with no more blood, which is very odd for me. With AF nowhere in sight, I tested this morning to another BFN.

I'm exhausted and confused. I don't know why I've had two spotting events at day 19 (six hours) then day 25 (one hour). This is starting to remind me of my ectopic and I'm so scared that it's happening again. My only hope is that maybe I'm pregnant and it's just not showing up in the tests, but AF was due yesterday (day 26). I'm still using FRER, the most sensitive test on the market; I should be seeing positive results by now if I'm pregnant.

These last two days I've been very constipated and having night sweats. I'm not running a fever. Do you all have any insight? I feel like I'm going crazy.

Could have been late implantation? It takes a couple of days after implantation for hCG to be picked up by the test ...

Well, I finally started a regular period last night so I am out. I've made an appointment with my Dr to see why I had all of the other symptoms and spotting. Thanks for your input!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->