Info Needed Please

Lawa

Reaction score
Hi ladies I thought I would introduce myself I am Laura nad I am 25 and currently 32+6.

This week I have found out baby has stopped growing, I am having Decreased Fetal movements and have a mature Placenta. I have been told that if their is no growth by my 34 week growth scan they are going to deliver my little girl.

Her estimated weight at the moment is 4 lbs 3 oz I have had the steriods for her lungs.

I am tryng to prepare myself as best as possible! But what do I pack for hospital for her nappies clothes ect

I am so scared and really have no where to turn.

Thank you

hey hun, hope ur ok, i know its a really frightening time but try not to worry too much, if they do deliever you LO at 34 weeks she will be given the best care and 34 weeks is a good gestation and her estimated weight is good.
I had my LO at 27+4 and although i had been in hospital for 4weeks i was in complete denial about him coming so had nothing for him.
I would try to worry about that as im sure your NICU would provide nappies n clothes (if she needs them) until you have adjusted!
have you been offered a tour of your NICU? you could then ask them what you will need and it might make you feel a bit more at ease with the whole preemie birth!
if you have any question or worrys the girls here r fab and we all try to help as much as we can!!
good luck and keep positive xxx

Don't worry too much at first, they're not going to let your bubba go without a nappy while you get yourself sorted.

Often if they're in intensive care or first in an incubator they'll just wear a nappy anyway, and there will be babygrows, hats etc on the ward. When they can wear clothes Boots and Mothercare do lovely vests and sleepsuits that completely open out flat and velcro up around arms and legs so nice and easy to get on and off with monitors etc.

I agree with freddiesmum - ask what their procedure is. Bobby didn't really wear clothes until his last week in intensive care, and then only sporadically (the little flasher). When we moved up to High Dependency we were asked to provide his own nappies and cotton wool balls and I took the opportunity to dress him in his own clothes - just vests and sleep suits. When he gets into a cot I'm going to start taking in some hats and cardigans, it's just too warm in the incy for him to need anything like that atm.

Good luck. I hope your daughter hangs on and grows well and doesn't have to see SCBU. If she does, it's not as bad as you imagine once you get into the swing of it, and if your doctors are half decent, they'll treat you as the most important part of her care network.

x

Thank you ladies it is such a distressing time I am all of a fluster at the moment!

Deleted previous post because i realise ur 32weeks +

LO wont need clothes right away but if you really want, grab some prem/tiny baby (mothercare)

If you want to store milk get a good breast pump x

Hi Hun!
I had my little one at 35 +4 weeks as she wasnt growing either. I had predicted PROM but they weren't sure. She stopped moving as much for one evening and they decided they are not going leave her and I had a C section. I had the steroid injection too. They kept her in SCBU for 2 weeks and she was allowed home when she was around 4lb. She was born less than 3lb 8oz!

She did really well in SCBU- they want to make sure she is feeding, regulating her own temp and then breathing on her own. Each day she hit milestones! I used their breast p[ump to express milk but they also gave her Nutri Prem 2 to help bulk her weight up. She is still on it.

I got some Pampers Micro nappies as she was so small. They do them in Boots! I also looked up Preemie clothes online and ordered a set for about £20 Which was fine for about 4 weeks! She was small though so you may get away with the ones in Mothercare and M and S. The website also does Dr Brown preemie bottles.

Let me know if you want more info or talk!

Minimin xx

Thank you chick! A weeks today and I get to find out what i going on with the little madame! I know at the moment she has flipped herself breech! It just abut sums up this pregnancy!

Lawa first of all congrats hun! I remeber you from the ttcal forums and im so happy everything went well this time! My story is similar to yours, i also had a very mature placenta, low AF, no growth ect. I delivered 34+2 and everything was fine. She spent 2 weeks in NICU for poor feeding but now shes perfect. Its great that you got the shots! They really do their job!

Thank you chick! A weeks today and I get to find out what i going on with the little madame! I know at the moment she has flipped herself breech! It just abut sums up this pregnancy!

Hope today went well x:thumbup:

Hey ladies well we are head down again! And fashioning Hair apparently lol!

Waters and blood flow look fine. I asked them to do a quick measurement of FL today last week it was 60.00 mm today was about 66.00 mm So hopefully she can hang on in for another fortnight for me!

I had my lo at 33+5 and he weighed 5lb 1oz. Unlike you, I had no warning that he was coming so was completely unprepared and so I didn't have anything for him at all. NICU provided nappies and everything and he didn't wear any clothes for the first week or so. By then, I had managed to get to Mothercare and bought some early baby clothes. After a few days, I was also asked to provide nappies and cotton wool.

My lo spent 3 weeks in neonatal as he needed breathing support and help feeding. I only managed to get one dose of the steroids though as my labour came on so quickly. Hopefully your baby's lungs will be more developed, even if she comes early, because you have had these steroids.

I will keep my fingers crossed that you manage to hang on a little bit longer and that your baby can come home with you. x

Hey ladies well today is d day my 34 week growth scan to see how soon she will be arriving!

Good luck Lawa. Will be thinking of you today. Let us know how you get on. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->