Information?

Lisasmith

Reaction score
Hi all :)

While I plan on a hospital birth, I have notoriously fast labours. My last labour was 1 hour and 45 mins. My doctor told me to research home birthing just incase I can't get to the hospital in time.

Could someone point me in the direction of some quality websites?

Thanks in advance <3

I think that's awesome that they rec'd that. I really think ALL women should be educated and prepared for an unassisted home (or wherever) birth because you just never know!!

I really like midwifery books. I LOVE "Heart & Hands" by Elizabeth Davis. It's a very thorough book. I also appreciate "Birth Emergency Skills Training" (B.E.S.T.) because I think that is valuable information for ANYONE who might ever be or come in contact with a pregnant woman...so that's pretty much everybody. LOL "Active Birth" is just a good birth info book in general, but not as much on the topic of doing it at home. And even though it's not as "informative", reading (both planned and unplanned) unassisted and assisted homebirth stories is really good, too, I think. Just learning what others have done, what has worked for people and what hasn't, and just getting a feel for the experience when others have gone through it is really helpful!

Good luck!

Hi I see your from Australia however this webiste has proved very informative for myself so may be of some use on certain concerns you may have...

https://www.homebirth.org.uk/

:thumbup:

https://rebeccaawright.com/2012/01/...ed-or-what-do-you-do-when-birth-just-happens/

This is fantastic, please read it! If your birth happens that fast, it's because everything is working WELL! so there is no emergency. The basics: keep baby WITH MUM, skin on skin, keep them both WARM, leave the cord alone!

Thank you, I'll read that shortly. I certainly don't see birth as an emergency. If things move quickly im staying put at home with minimal stress. I want to enjoy my birth. The only thing that worries me is the cord around bubs neck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->