Infrequent Poop Problems

Noo

Mum to 2 boys xx
Reaction score
Now, I know it is normal for BF babies to go days without pooping but how do you cope with the transition from frequent poops to going days at a time?

Until recently LO pooped 3-5 times a day then suddenly went 4 days with nothing now goes anything between every 2-4 days between poops then we get a shit bomb. Not a problem? Less nappies? Well no.. He seems to always have tummy ache, trapped wind and screams on and off from around 8 hours after the poop.

Any ideas how to ease this? Makes him go more regular? I tend to give gripe water a couple of times a day which helps but I don't want to give so much he relies on it to be *normal*.

Mine goes 6 days without pooping. But my guy is fussy 8 hours before a poop, not after. Sorry, no advice. But stalking.

How many wet nappies to you get ?? Are they normal poop nappies? No mucus?

Seen your dairy free as well , are you soya free as this had the similar effect in my lo x

Stalking... I could've written this exact post. We were told that baby probiotics might help. We bought some but haven't started it yet... Want to check in with pediatrician before we go for it. I started taking adult probiotics a few days ago and I hope that will help him as well.

How many wet nappies to you get ?? Are they normal poop nappies? No mucus?

It's bubbly and frothy but it isn't green and mucusy. We've been dairy/soy/egg free since week 4 and now almost week 17. This has only been happening since a couple of weeks ago. I think he is falling into his "normal" poop pattern but struggling to cope with it :( I change wet nappies every 3 hours - Plenty of those!

We now one the other way! 3 days of 8-10 poops a day and at least 4 changes of clothes... I'm blaming teething! It smells acidic... cross between garlic and onion... teething related?

That's so funny, mine too! (Well not that many but at least 2/day). Although my doctor was worried about the infrequency so he got a couple small doses of a laxative.

Did you do any traveling over the holidays? It could be the upset in routine. We flew to see my parents 4 hours away, so I'm chalking it up to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->