insomnia in pregnancy?

Lamont

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
Its 3:25am and as usual I cant sleep im always tired but minute I want to close my eyes im wide awake! I seem to be worse when my husband is away offshore working and im alone for a couple of weeks. Anyone else not sleeping? Best of it is I'll be up at 8-9am and that'll be me for the day.

Hello! I'm awake too :( but partly because my dh is trying to get over flu and keeps coughing and shaking the bed. I've decamped to the sofa with a book as baby is also insistent on keeping me awake.

Can you catch up with naps?

I feel exhausted all the time but anytime I want a nap I just cant sleep :( I read books etc but I get so engrossed in the story they actually keep me awake longer so thats a no no. I try laying I the dark with no light coming in but my brain doesnt shut off always talking away thinking about everything and anything lol

It's normal but annoying I know. I am still awake, and its nearly 4am :( xx

I was asleep from 1am till just after 3. Now wide awake :( got killer heartburn, and my cat has decided it's a suitable play time. My main problem is I'm way too hot. I wake up because I'm boiling. I'm normally a very cold person, so weird getting used to this! I've actually just been and stood outside to cool down! xx

Im actually surprised my cats are sleeping and not running around like mad. Will be sods law the minute I fall asleep they'll be up and hyper lol. Ive not getting heart burn but I do get a lot of acid in my stomach which causes me a lot of bother! Been lying here for the past hour trying to sleep but nope still awake

Yep, I'm hearin' ya all. I get off to sleep fine... But always wake about 2-3hours later. Toilet break then back to bed. The rest if the night I just toss and turn as I find it hard to get comfy. When I sleep I have the most bizzaro dreams! Of the joys of pregnancy! :dohh:

I totally know what you mean! I wake up in the middle of the night and then find myself awake for hours. I feel like I could sleep all day and stay awake all night. Pre-pregnancy I was in bed at a reasonable time and up regularly in the morning! Eeeesh, baby is a night owl!
(mind you, I keep busy reading BnB when i'm awake during the night ;) )

I'm awake too! :( I've been waking up all night with horrible back and hip pain! Baby was also doing summersaults and hiccuping lol! And now I can't sleep either because I keep replaying a conversation with my MIL over and over in my head and winding myself up about it! She keeps asking me about how much weight I've gained and when I'm going to loose it!! Rhhh! I've only gained about 24 lbs at 36 weeks which I think is good! Rhh!

Want to go back to sleep! :(

I'm another one normal I'll wake up tho lots during the night and potter around :). But good it knackers u! Xx

I finally drifted off just after 6, then the oh's alarm went off at 6.30 :( sooooo sleepy!! Hope everyone else got a few hours!! Mazzymoo - just ignore her. Plenty of time to lose the weight once baby is here. I've just started getting a bit sarcastic with people. I've only gained about 14lb at the moment, but someone said to me earlier in the week I looked like I'd put weight on, I just looked horrified and said I'd heard it was a side effect of growing a human, were they growing one too. Oops. Lol. Was just one of those days! I'm normally lovely!! x

I woke up 6 times in the night & finally got fed up at 5:30am and just got up!

I dropped off about 6am and up at 9am! Baby is defo putting me into night shift mode lol but surely surviving on 3hrs a night isnt good for baby? Ive woken all sore n stiff as well so wasnt a good sleep either. Meh on with the day then.

I was just woken up by wicked heartburn :(. I can't believe it woke me up bc it was burning so bad! Ugh!

Never had this with my DD. I mostly go to sleep fine, although some nights even that takes a while. I get up for lots of wees and on a lucky night will go straight back to sleep. Other nights, like now, I'll wake for a wee then be awake for sometimes 4 hours. Just laying here waiting for sleep. I come on here in the hope that the reading will make me sleepy, which does sometimes work. Up until a week ago I was having to get up at 6.45 ready for work so it really took it out of me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->