Inspirational Story

vintage67

Reaction score
Hello all! I am popping over from Third Trimester to share a story that someone else posted. I am 44 years old, so my reaction to this story was a bit different than some of others!

It is incredible that this happened to this lady, but it is also inspiring to older women TTC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-15185917

Wow!
I find it unbelievable she did not know she was pregnant? I wonder.. didn´t she feel the baby move? didn´t she tell the doctor her periods had stopped?

Anyway, it is still good news!

Since she was around menopause age, she thought that was the reason for the absence of periods. But I agree that not noticing fetal movements is odd, since she had been pregnant before.

It's inspirational but also a bit frustrating I suppose! (how she fell pregnant without even trying; without all the charting and anguish so many of us go through!)

Oh yes, I know, it seems to be easier for those who are not looking for one...

How jealous now, no charting, no planning, no gadgets to get PG...:growlmad:

Funny thought, can you imagine, you tell your OH you go shopping and you bring home a baby in your shopping bag :haha::haha::haha::haha:

What a shock for the woman!

Oh that's funny!

"Well, you see, they were running a sale...":haha:

I just liked seeing that her baby is healthy, as being 44 I am very concernd. All looks good, but we declined amnio due to miscarriage fears.

My first thoughts were the fetal movements as well, I've heard of teenage pregnancy where they are in denial and can understand the associating the lack of AF for menopause, but you would think that the movements especially in the 3rd trimester would have rung some alarm bells.

Just imagine it though, giving birth in the street!

Great story though

Very true Vintage67, she was very lucky. I know exactly what you mean about the amnio, I was exactly the same when I was pg with DS

Yes, ot is a good and encouraging story with a healthy baby at her age.

That is one thing that scares me, amnio... if i do manage to get pg dont know what i would do...

By the way, thanks for sending us the post!

It's definitely incredibly encouraging, thanks for sharing. But how could you not know?

I guess some women aren't as aware of their own bodies as we are. Or something.

holy crap - imagine that! yes, i agree it's lovely to see the baby so well. the woman didnt know she was pregnant so i daren't bare to think how she's kept her diet, drinking or smoking habits :wacko:

also, i was shocked to read she was only 44....physically she appears a lot older but obviously very much able to have a healthy baby.

thankyou for the article. want to know where the hell my BFP is now! :shrug:

Sumat, I thought the same, she seemed older than 44!

Hope you get your bfp soon! :hugs:

Vintage thank you so much for sharing ,def gives me some hope but as a mum of four I cant understand how on earth she didn't know ,but vintage congrats on your :baby:,you are a true inspiration for me another 44 year old :hugs:I love your photo ,best of luck lovely,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Have you guys seen that show on TLC "I didn't know I was pregnant" It happens more often then you think! They reenact all these women giving birth in weird places they think it's a BM and out pops a baby into the toilet...My Mom didn't know she was preggo with me at 37 until 4 months she thought the menopause thing too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->