• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Insulin dependent diabetic! Just looking for advice x

laurandan

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a type 2 tablet controlled diabetic, but since loosing two pregnancies last year very early on they put me on insulin when I found I was pregnant again as they believe my blood sugar not being controlled could have been a reason as for the losses! Anyway I'm after so advice, my blood sugars have been very well controlled at the moment and the nurse has said there is no cause for concern ATM as my hb1ac is currently 33.3 mmol which is apparently what they expect in a non diabetic, but I'm just wondering what is too high regarding blood sugars after eating! I've had a few 8.4 lately ain't after breakfast, I don't feel any different and that's as high as I go but just concerned as to whether I'm causing harm. I had a growth scan 2 weeks ago and babys tummy was measuring 28+4 and babys head was measuring 29+2, I was 27+5! Could this be the diabetes or am I due to just have a bigger baby! I can't quite remember what babys femur length was but that was bigger too than gestation! I just wanted some reassurance really that bigger babys are fine and I won't run into trouble! ( I'm been petrified since 16 weeks when I saw a none diabetic consultant by accident who told me himself he wasn't up to scratch with diabetes but still proceeded to tell me my baby would be still born!!)

Like I said I'm pretty sure I'm ok ATM just looking for reassurance!
Thanks in advance,
Laura xx

Hi there, firstly im sorry for your losses. My first baby was stillborn, so i can sympathise.
I also have type 1 and im currently 31 weeks pregnant. An bloodsugar of 8 is fine after eating, please dont worry. My sugars tend to rise to around 10 after meals & my diabetic team are fine with this, as long as it doesnt stay that high.
In pregnancy, your sugar levels will have the odd spike, its if its running continually high where there is need for concern. It sounds like you have it well controlled, keep up the good work & good luck with everything :) Xx

As for baby measuring big, please try not to worry. It is normal for diabetics to have larger babies. They should be giving you regular growth scans and if your measuring too large, they will induce you earlier. My son was born 8lb2 at 37 weeks. If your still worried, write all your concerns down and ask your diabetic team at your next appointment. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->