Insurance Stress!

Insurance in our state doesn't cover homebirth unless it's with a CNM, which is stupid because CNM's in-state CAN'T do birth outside of hospitals here.

Ha, same here! We're having to pay out of pocket (thank goodness our MW is not too expensive and accepts payments) and having to carefully navigate a state where homebirths are actually illegal/alegal...

Really glad to hear that you won! Granted they should have been covering the prenatal care regardless.

I wanted a home birth, but didn't get my heart set on it because my insurance doesn't pay for it. Which isn't the problem. They don't cover any complications when there is a home birth (even if the complications would have been the same in a hospital), and it's just something we can't risk if something were to go wrong, unfortunately.

Glad that you got great news though!

Really glad to hear that you won! Granted they should have been covering the prenatal care regardless.

I wanted a home birth, but didn't get my heart set on it because my insurance doesn't pay for it. Which isn't the problem. They don't cover any complications when there is a home birth (even if the complications would have been the same in a hospital), and it's just something we can't risk if something were to go wrong, unfortunately.

Glad that you got great news though!

A friend of mine had the same problem - insurance specifically excluded hospital transfer during the course of a home birth attempt. I don't know what I would do if I were in that position, honestly. It's a huge risk to take even though emergency HB transfers are so rare... if you're one of the small percentage needing transfer, it's an ENORMOUS bill you're looking at - not the way you want to start life with a new little one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->