Intensive MW/Consultant Care - UK Ladies

MishC

Has a little princess!!
Reaction score
Hi ladies - Have any of you been put on the intensive care treatment through out your pregnancy?

My MW has put me on the highest level of care. There are 3 kinds, Normal, Intermediate and Intensive. I had a very complicated labour and birth (severe pre-eclampsia & hellp) which makes me a 'high risk' patient.

Just wondering who else is in the same boat.

I had eclampsia placental abruption loads of blood loss and seizures during my last Labour. I had a consultant appointment yesterday and another in 6 weeks as well as 3 extra scans at 23 28 and 36 weeks. I'm not sure how often I'll see consultant this time as last pregnancy it was every fortnight for other issues, so with the original issues and these new ones I would of assumed I wouldn't be left as long as 6 weeks. I'll have no extra midwife visits either. I'm 15 weeks and have a lot booked this time around but very little in the case of consultant care whereas my midwife said they'd be seeing me a lot.

Not in the UK but....I was for both of my first two pregnancies. I ended up having an emergency appendectomy at 21 weeks during my first and had subsequent preterm labor (dilated progressively to three with effacement by 25 weeks and stayed there up through delivery at 37 weeks when I hit four and they just broke my water. Was on strict bedrest, terbutaline and got the betamethasone shots at 29 weeks. Ended up running in to L&D several times for monitorings between there with doc appointments pretty much weekly. I had a moderate hemorrhage after delivery because my uterus wouldn't clamp down.

Was considered "high risk" during my second for that reason but just had additional appointments and scans up until week 23ish when the preterm labor ramped up again. That one I only made it to 36 weeks. They had additional meds available just in case after delivery to avoid another hemorrhage and they worked beautifully when I ended up needing them again. Much less emergent situation because they were prepared.

I don't doubt my OB will be just as cautious this time around, especially because I am 10 years older and there is definitely a chance of multiples this go around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->