interesting

leighbaby

yummy mummy
Reaction score
I was looking at Cushie Tushies fb page and they've linked a blog about nappy disposal. Apparently, even with sposies, you are supposed to flush solids (poo) before putting the nappy in the bin.

Does anyone have access to the packaging of sposies? could you read the small print ans see what they say/recommend?

According to a few websites (I'm not going to trawl through the WHO website to check though) not flushing solids before sposie disposal is 'technically' illegal?!

i have some sposies sitting around, i'll dig them out and see. I dont get it though, with all the chemicals an germs, how would a bit of solid poo be any worse?

doesnt say on pampers new baby anything about HOW to dispose of them at all!

I have a pack left over of asda nappies and they dont say anything aout disposal xx

According to our local council you can place disposable nappies (and their contents!) in with the household rubbish as long as they don't make up more than 2% of your weekly waste - you can also do the same with cat litter as long as you stick to the 2% rule!

Not sure how they'd work out whether you'd broken the rules though!! :blush:

what if you have a cat AND use sposies! And what if you have twin newborns, i baby not PT yet and several cats? What could they do? :lol:

:haha: We have communal bins so 2% of the rubbish that's dumped in them would cover an elephant or two!!

yeah - i thought that we'd know if it was something we needed to adhere to. there is no-way it is in an 'enforceable' law. and i'm sure we'd have read/seen it on the packets if true. maybe it is just an aussie thing?

still, there should be some guidance on the package on how to dispose of them in a environmentally friendly way, well not that "environmentally friendly" is possible with sposies but you know what i mean!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->