Internal infection after c-section

Drazic<3

You got the love <3
Reaction score
Hey girls,

LO is nearly 10 weeks now and I had a cat 2 emergency section. All has been feeling good and getting better all the time but over the last week has been so painful. My tummy is swollen around the scar, I feel faint and fluey and sick all the time and keep getting shootings pains. I went to the GP who said I needed a vaginal swab but she couldn't do it until Monday, however last night the pains got so bad and everything kept going dark so I went to A&E.

They were so busy, they just kinda poked my belly, said my temp was high and kicked me back out with painkillers and anti-biotics. Oh, and said not to bother with a vaginal swab as it wouldn't show infection I would need a blood test :wacko:

I just feel so very ill. Wondered if anyone else had an internal infection and how long it took to heal or for you to feel better?

Didn't want to read and run. Good luck and best wishes for a speedy recovery! I had a c/s 2 weeks ago so I know how hard it is!

I don't have any advice I'm afraid hun but I hope someone can offer some. I had a c-section with Joe and I know how hard it is recovering.

Have you tried giving NHS Direct a call, or your HV?

x

I have had 2 lots of anti-biotics for an internal infection and TBH Im still in a lot of pain 3wks after finishing them. I also get the shooting pains so am going back to the doctors this week I think. Sorry not much help but I can offer sympathy as I know how you feel :hugs::hugs:

I had an internal infection after my c section, about 3 weeks after the birth. I had been feeling fluey and achy around the scar, went to the ER and a CAT scan showed a build up of fluid, basically an absess. 5 days in the hospital on antibiotic drips and I felt much better:thumbup:

I hope you get answers and defo get checked again on monday:hugs:

I had an infection like this on day 10 after having my DS 2 years ago. I passed out on the floor twice before I realised how ill I was. I started feeling better a day after starting high dose antibiotics and was well within the week. Antibiotics should make you feel better very quickly.

Oh and if you are BF, keep a close eye on your LO as they can get oral thrush after absorbing some antibiotics from you, it's not a big problem as can easily be solved with antifungal medicine. My DS had this.

i had an internal infection but that was while i was still in hospital so i had iv antibiotics, cant believe tey didnt give you a blood test :wacko: not got much advice but hope you feel better soon xx

Thanks everyone. I am starting to feel better but am going to go back on Friday to the doctors (a different one, lol!) and ask for a blood test to make sure it's gone. We have just got rid of the BF thrush from birth and I think it's back >.< Thanks all :hugs:

I had a internal infection (no c-section though but forceps delivery!) they just gave me antibiotics.

However.. at the start of what I thought was my first period, I passed quite a large amount of tissue. Looked like a piece of placenta!
Just thought i'd let you know just incase! I showed the doctor a picture on my phone (not impressed ;)) & she said it was nothing to worry about, just looked like retained something or other that had passed out.

Lovely!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->