Interview dress code help

stephx

Reaction score
I have an interview tomorrow morning..

The job is office work and the company dress code says

"Comfortable, casual business wear. Smart jeans are allowed. We say that as a rough guide: if you would wear it to the gym, the beach or a night club, you shouldn’t wear it to work!"

I have smart black trousers, a sleeveless black patterened blouse and flats.

I'm panicking now because i'm just researching interview tips and it says anything sleeveless is a no-no?? I don't have anything else to wear!! Planning on a early trip to asda to try and find a blazer but do you think this would be acceptable?

I think that sounds fine! I normally wear dresses to interviews myself.

I think that sounds fine hunni. If they have that in thier company policy about dress code then I imagine they're quite a relaxed company!!! Offices I've worked in that we're very formal had a 'no sandals/shoulders/boobs' rule but if you even wore smart jeans you'd be sent home!!!!

Good luck. If you haven't already get some key words in your head. Look through the job spec and of they want someone organised, hardworking and reliable make sure you say a few times how reliable and hardworking and organised you are!!!

Sounds nice good luck

I agree with Boomerslady. It probably wouldn't be okay for a formal interview but going on their description of what is okay it's absolutely fine!

Sounds absolutely fine to me, ofc with it being chilly I'd probably stick a cardigan/blazer on!

Good luck with your interview! :D (ETA- Just realised it was today, hope it went well!!)

I know you already had your interview but I just wanted to say that you should always dress above their requirements. Usually some sort of jacket and dress pants/skirt at all times. You don't want to misunderstand the company dress code and it also shows more effort. They will not deduct points if you are a little professionally over dressed but they will if you are on the side of being close to under dressed. It will also help set you aside from the rest of the pack ;)

I hope it went well

Thank you!

It went well I think :) Hardest interview I have been too- there was a roleplay, interview, then group debate *shudder* looked like an awesome company to work for though. Fingers crossed x

Glad it went well hope you get it :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->