Interviews requested with women who have frozen eggs or travelled overseas for eggs

eggstudy

Reaction score
Hi there

My name is Kim McLeod, and I am writing on behalf of Professor Catherine Waldby from The University of Sydney, Australia
(https://sydney.edu.au/arts/sociology_social_policy/staff/profiles/catherine_waldby.shtml).

Professor Waldby is undertaking an Australian Research Council-funded research project investigating the changing meanings of human eggs. This research will improve public and professional understanding of the changing meanings eggs have for various groups of women.

Professor Waldby is seeking participants for her project in Australia, California and the UK. There are two groups of women in each country we need to help us with the study. The first is women who have frozen their eggs for future use at a clinic in their home country and the second is women who have travelled overseas to obtain eggs. Participating in the study would involve being interviewed by Professor Waldby about your opinions and experiences of freezing eggs at a banking facility in your home country, or obtaining eggs from an overseas clinic. Professor Waldby will be undertaking interviews with Australian and UK women in 2012 and Californian women in 2013. All aspects of the study will be treated as strictly confidential and we are in the process of obtaining ethics approval from The University of Sydney Human Research Ethics Committee.

At this stage we are just exploring if women might be interested in participating in the study. Please get in touch if you are at all interested in being interviewed, or would like to know more about the study. We would greatly appreciate your participation. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kim

KIM McLEOD | Research Assistant to Professor Catherine Waldby
Sociology and Social Policy | Faculty of Arts | THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe