Inteteresting tip from midwife about reduced movement.

Cattia

Reaction score
I haven't felt baby move nearly as much as normal today although I've still felt some movements. I tried eating ice cream, drinking cold water and eating sweet food. Eventually called the birth centre and the midwife I spoke to told me that rushing around and getting stressed will slow babies' movements as they respond to stress hormones by keeping quiet. She told me to eat something sweet then sit and do nothing for an hour, then call back if movements hadn't picked up. Within twenty minutes of relaxing baby was going nuts and still is now. Despite this being my third baby, I never knew that stress and over activity could affect movement so thought I would share.

Neat, I didn't know that either. I did notice that on days that I am quite active my boy is quieter until I slow down so I guess that would be why.

I went jn because of reduced movement and told them I'd been drinking lucozade and poking my belly and lying on my front and they told me off and said you shouldn't try and get movement going like that, if it's abnormal movement you should always get checked out. I do know though that running about lulls baby to sleep and sitting still makes them wake up and jiggle about. I often don't notice movement until I'm sitting down relaxing and if I'm worried a tend to sit down and have a glass of water.

I think it's true. Our beloved kitty went missing for a week and was found dead yesterday and all week Zach had been so quiet, I was really worried. But the past few days I've started to make a real effort to stay calm and take plenty of rest and he's back to his crazy self :)

Jumpinin: I'm so sorry about your kitty :hugs:

Thanks for this...it makes sense.

:hugs: Thank you, he's very missed but at least he's home with us now in the back garden. He was only 15 months old and it looks like he got hit by a car

I think it's true. Our beloved kitty went missing for a week and was found dead yesterday and all week Zach had been so quiet, I was really worried. But the past few days I've started to make a real effort to stay calm and take plenty of rest and he's back to his crazy self :)

That's so sad, sorry :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->