Intoducing Molly May! born on 23rd May! at 9.11am!

Mama1985

Mama to 2!!!
Reaction score
Hey there!!!! just wanted to announce the birth of my little on Molly May!

Ok warning, TMI and Looong post.

Ok so I was overdue, uncomfortable and starting to get sharp pains in my back, went to see a midwife on Thur (21st) who said I was getting to 100% effaced but still only 1, 1 half cm dilated, she gave me a sweep and said that if the pains gets worse or closer together go to the hospital, she reckoned it wouldn't take long now.

So that evening the pain was still there, still sharp and getting to abou t5/10 mins apart so went to triage, they checked me and said "nope all fine, nothings changed, go home and come back tomorrow at your appointment" ( I had an induction booked for the next day) I complained saying I was in pain now and wouldn't it be easier if they gave me a bed now rather then wait tomorrow for one to open up! they finally agreed

Ok its now the 22nd and Before 12 o'clock I was checked by a midwife who decided I didn't need the pill (pessary) but my waters would need breaking.
At 2ish 3ish I was taken to the labour ward and had my waters broken, at this point I was 3 cm dilated!!!
a couple of hours later I had only dilated to 4 so they put me on a drip to bring on the contractions, they had to moniter me at the same time though so I couldn't move around (not that I wanted to anyway lol)
At this point I had only been on Gas and Air, because the contractions were getting strounger and I was worried about how I would deal with it I had Pethidine.

Ooooh that knocked me right out!!! I dont remember much (cos I was falling asleep) until the next morning!!
(Just a quick side note, with the drip I had 5 drips put in, 2 in my right had, 2 in my left had and 1 in my arm, only because they kept getting pulled ut!!!)

Anyway By 4 in the moring I was 8 cm dilated, and by 6 I was 10 and getting a faint urge to push. I was told not to otherwise I'll be knackered out sooner and so didnt start pushing till 7.

By about 8,15 May wasn't coming out and they said if she wasnt delivered in the next 15 min they would have to intervene, she still was't delivered by half 8 so they started to sort everything out
(by this point I was tired , acutally falling asleep between pushing lol had my legs in those stirrps and about 7 or 8 docs all staring at my crotch! they only reason I had so many was because they were doing the changover from night to morning)

They used a vaccum to pull her out and she was born at 9.11am on Sat morning!!

I didn't find out till afterwards that she had the cord wrapped around her neck and that her head was a little twisted, it wasn' in the right direction

I also had to be stitched up lol 2nd degreee tear

and now some pictures!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/Lou_Lou/SANY0048.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/Lou_Lou/SANY0045.jpg

wow what an ordeal! Congrats she is so cute :)

Loved reading your story, you did very well!

She is gorgeous!! Congrats :D

x

Thanks for sharing your story, that is a really beautiful name combination you have given your daughter.

Congratulations What A Great Day To Be Born...(On My Bday Too) Hahaaa! Awwwww Soooo Cuteeee xxxx

she is beautiful, congratulations! Love her name too xxx

She is adorable hunny xx

Well Done xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79