Introducing a comforter

A

AppleBlossom

When I was little I used to have a rag doll that i took everywhere. I would have passed it down to Grace only it's a bit worse for wear now. My mum is going to get her one for christmas. I just wanted to know if any of your LO's ever had a comforter like a blanket or teddy and how did you introduce it too them so that they actually used it as a comforter?

i would like to know this too, good question :D

I have one for max that is a teddy's head and a blanket attached its perfect for him to snuggle with ..I bought it for him and started making him play with it , then one day I had left it in the cot with him and found him snuggled up with it ..he had it against his face ..now he usually rubs it on his cheek and doses off ..

I think the best way is to sleep with it for one night so it will have your scent on it , thats what i did and it worked fine

I spent lots on blankets and shawls and Kyles favourite is one from Primark for £3..and for a while now he uses it as a comforter. I just always gave him it when he was sleepy or upset and now he loves it.

Ive given Keira a Kalou Doudou as soon as she started grabbing things. It puts her straight to sleep when snuggles up with it...

we bought a taggies blanket for Ally. And thought it'd be a great comforter. However, we didn't think about the fact that we're always using terrys towelling nappies to burp him and they're generally always near him. Now, he rubs his face in his as he goes to sleep and is always touching it if it's near him. As my OH said the other day 'our son's comforter is a towel...he's going to want to go to nursery and take an old nappy with him!'. Hmm yeah, we didn't think that through!

Marlowe chose her's as well. It was a blanket that I wrapped her up in a lot when she was brand new. Then one day she was crying when we were out and I gave her the blanket and she stopped, started chewing on it and fell asleep. Since then, I always put it with her when she sleeps. It's a cheap blanket which was good as I ran out and got a couple of extra ones in case she loses it or it falls apart.

when rhys was born a bought him a blanket, we gave it to him every time he went to sleep
https://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t320/tezzy-wezzy/Rhysandhisblankie.jpg

then when he was a bit older my mil bought him a monkey.. which we gave him when he was tired. eventually when he was sleepy he would look around for his blanket and his monkey. also rhys used a muslin cloth as his comfprter for ages too but then he didnt want it any more

Ffion has the same blanket as Rhys but in pink with her name (made by the same company) and also a giraffe. she has taken to these much quicker and cant sleep without them.

i think rhys was about 8months when he started really wanting a comfortor but ffion has wanted hers for about a month now.

occasionally they swap blankets and rhys walks around with ffions pink one lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->