Introducing cow milk

Babybump87

Reaction score
I started introducing cows milk into DD 2s bottle about a week ago. 4oz formula and 3oz milk. She has 2/3 bottles a day and some cows milk in cereal.

Since this she's really unsettled of a night, crying, waking frequently. She normally sleeps no problem. Could it be the milk or just a coincidence? !.edit

Thanks!
x

Try giving her just a formula bottle and see if she still wakes. They don't recommend cows milk until they're one, but you aren't far out. Could just be a sleep regression but if you try a regular bottle and she sleeps through then it might be the milk

It could be either. Did you start right away with doing that with every bottle? We started just adding in half cow's milk and half formula in one bottle each day, with the other 3 being formula, then went to one bottle a day of milk and the rest formula after a week, and then slowly over the course of a month and a half moved up to having one extra bottle of milk each week until all four bottles were cow's milk. So to start, she only had about 3oz a day of milk and the rest formula, and then the next week it was 6 oz a day of milk, and so on. I did notice a bit of unsettled sleep and also bad acidic poos, but she happened to be teething at exactly the same time, and that happened every time she teethed, including at 6 months and also when she got her molars later, so didn't appear to have anything to do with the milk. Once the teeth came through, everything settled down again, so I assume it was teething. Any chance she could be teething? Mine definitely would wake every 1-2 hours when she was. Also, that is a key time for separation anxiety too. Mine had it a bit earlier so was mostly done by then, but she was definitely waking lots during the night, same when she was trying to stand and walk. So it could be a number of those things. How are her poos? Are they the same or do they seem off? You could always slow down a bit if you do think it's related to the milk. Unless she's obviously in tummy discomfort, I would assume it could be any number of things and just slowly keep proceeding and see if it passes.

i give my little man 1 bottle of cows milk and 3 bottles of formula a day he also has it in his ready break of a morning and he wakes up in the night also but I think it's down to him wanting to sleep next to mommy lol

Thanks Fruitmash. I have just had her on forumla today . Will be doing just formula tomorrow too.

Mindutopia - Ive kept her bedtime bottle as just formula but her morning one/ afternoon (if she had it) was formula/cows milk. Maybe too much too soon?

She's defiantly teething at the minute . Poos are more or less the same. Ive bought an extra tub of formula today anyway so might edge off the cows milk .

Just to edit my previous post.

She's also had a runny nose and has came out in dry patches over her chest over the past week. Today she has tried to pull her legs up to her stomach. Could this be a reaction even if she is formula fed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->