Introducing Gracie Mae - My Birth Story!!

angi120

Mum To Aimee and Pregnant
Reaction score
Well, after a long pregnancy and a very hard and complicated birth i am proud to announce the birth of my Beautiful baby girl........Gracie Mae, 2nd September, 1.16am, 8lb 4oz!!!

I woke up on Thursday 1st September at 1.51am to find my waters had broken, i went back to bed but couldnt sleep as contractions began at 3.45am coming every 8 minutes and all in my back, i went to see my midwife at 3pm and she told me i was 2cm and did another stretch and sweep which seemed to make everything move much quicker, by 6pm i was on my way to the hospital with 1 minute contractions 3 minutes apart, i was now 4cm and taken into a room to be monitored ready for my VBAC!!

Babies heartbeat was hard to monitor throughout so my very rough midwife decided to clip a monitor on to babys head she was so rough with me i burst in to tears and couldnt take it, she said it hadnt worked and she needed to try again, which she did without succcess she then got the ward sister to try she was much more gentle and made me feel better and soon found out the midwife hadnt plugged the monitor in!! By this point i was 6cm and i was given a canula incase of c-section and a tablets for my stomach, the midwife left the room to get me some pethadine when i got an over whelming urge to push!! They came back 4 minute after my examination to tell me i had gone from 6cm to fully dialated and i couldnt have any pain relief not even gas and air!!! I started to push but baby was back to back so i was in agony, after 2 hours the registrar told me i needed to go to theatre for an assisted delivery, i knew at this point how it would end i was devestated but just wanted the pain to end!!

They gave me a spinal block and tried to get baby out with the suction cup but it failed so i had an urgent emergency c-section there and then, her head was stuck in my pelvis so they bleeped the emergency peadiatric team but they finally got her out at 1.16am almost 24hours after labour began.

8lb 4oz which is 6oz less than my other daughter......

DSCN1029.jpg

DSCN1039.jpg

We arrived home yesterday, aimee isnt sure on her new baby sister and i am in a lot of pain after such a traumatic delivery but it was all worth it and i would still do it all over again!!!

Awww she is so beautiful, Congratulations!
Wishing you a speedy recovery hun x

Congratulations! And well done for getting through the birth - it couldn't have been easy! :)

xx

Congrats on getting to 10cm on ur own u did super and shouldnt feel bad u ended up having a c-sec again! U should be very proud of urself!! Ur daughter is beautiful and I hope u recover quickly so u can enjoy being a mummy xxx

Well done you!!! What a beautiful little girl xxxx take lots of time to heal and enjoy every moment of your baby girl xxxxxx

congratz hon she is gorgeous!!!!

Congratulations on your little girl. Wishing a very speedy recovery. xx

Congratulations she's gorgeous xxx

Congratulations hun!!! Sorry you had a traumatic birth and not the birth you wanted, but your LO is beautiful and I'm sure worth every second :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->