Introducing Lola Emily...my long birth story!

suzanne108

Reaction score
On the 29th December I went for my usual midwife check up where I was told my blood pressure was high, didn't think much of it as my BP had gone up half way through pregnancy and I was on medication for it. The doctor said she would send a MW round to my house the next day to check it again to be on the safe side. So I was getting ready to leave and the doc says to hold on a second and trundles off....back she comes with the consultant who said "right, we're gonna get you going"....I was like "get me going home? or get me going having a baby??!!" she said they were going to induce me :wacko: so I had to get my dad to come and pick me up as they wouldn't let me drive home...then off I went straight to the hospital after a frantic phone call to my birthing partner who was in work!!

So I get to the hospital and I am absolutely cacking my pants....was greeted by the most unfriendly midwife with "I don't know why they have sent you, we won't do anything with you because there are no beds in delivery suite". I was took to a ward full of people waiting to be induced...so basically I was last in the queue. Wednesday morning I had my first internal where I was told that I would only need one lot of gel because my cervix was already preparing itself. So they gave me the pessary at 10am on the 30th....about an hour later I got the most horrible back ache but nothing else happened.

11pm that night they put me on the monitor and babys heartbeat was hitting 195bpm!!! Was VERY worried, they told me it was because I was dehydrated so they put me on a drip and left me on the monitors til 3.30am!!!! Then told me to get an hours sleep as they would be waking me up when a bed was free in delivery suite.....had no wake up call but 10.30am the next day (new years eve) a lady came and took me to a delivery room. I was SCARED!!!

They broke my waters at 11am then put me onto a drip to start contractions. I was shocked at how fast they started....within an hour I was getting 3 contractions every 10 mins and was hitting the gas and air. At one point I dropped my gas....OMG I panicked so much when I felt a contraction coming on and couldn't find it. It was like my little comfort blanket! I got to about 5 or 6 cm before I asked for meptid (alternative to pethadine).....to be honest it didn't seem to do much apart from make me feel like I was absolutely bladdered!!! I started waffling on about how I had not missed the feeling of being drunk :dohh:

The pain got too much and I asked for an epidural, the MW said she'd just check how I was progressing first and it turned out I was 9cm and the pains were so bad because I needed to PUSH! By this time it was 4.45pm (I couldn't stop looking at the clock!)......I don't want to scare anyone but the pains to push were the most unbearable pains I have ever experienced in my life. I was pushing and pushing but nothing was happening (apart from a load of poo coming out :haha: I couldn't have cared less at the time but my god I pooed so much whilst I was in labour!!!!!) the MW was trying to get me on all fours for a bit of gravity but I was having none of it...I was in pain and couldn't possibly think about moving.

After an hour and a half I pushed and my friend Kim finally shouted "I can see the head!!!!" so that spurred me on, I put all my energy into it and eventually the head was out....then one last push and my baby was delivered straight into my arms :cloud9: she was blue and slimy but she was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. I remember looking at her and saying "she's perfect". I was so relieved to hold her, I had convinced myself that something would go wrong, I thought she would be whisked off straight away but she wasn't, I had my baby in my arms and it felt so good :cloud9: my pain and exhaustion disappeared and I couldn't have been happier.

Lola was left on my chest for skin to skin for about 20 minutes - I actually didn't even know she was a she for quite a while! I was bleeding quite badly so the MW was more worried about me than baby. Then they finally came round and looked at her and said "you have a little girl" :cloud9:

So little Lola Emily entered the world on new years eve at 6.25pm weighing 5lb 12...I promise you she didn't feel that small as she was coming out!

I had a second degree tear and needed stitches inside and out. Had to have a catheter fitted as one of the tears was too close to my uretha (sp)....that wasn't pleasant. Also came out with the most humongous piles :blush: but she is worth it.

We had a few more days in hospital as Lola had to be in heated bed, she was struggling to keep her body temperature up because of her size. But we're both home now and doing well.

Here's some pics....

https://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy319/suzanne108/CIMG4291.jpg
https://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy319/suzanne108/CIMG4293.jpg
https://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy319/suzanne108/CIMG4315.jpg

awww she is gorgeous congratulations xxx

Well done you, she is absolutely gorgeous. Many congrats!!

xx

Congratulations!! She is gorgeous! xx

just read this quickly before going to bed, shall read again 2mz and send you a mail :) lovely birth story, honest and detailed :) xxx

Aww hun, she's gorgeous! What a great pressie for the new year! :hugs:

Awwwk she's gorgeous with the little pink cardigan :) Congradulations!

Pssst...I also think I poo'd a hell of a lot when pushing :haha:

Aw Suzanne, I'm sooo happy for you! Your birth story is ace! If you know what i mean - Make sure you keep a copy to give to Lola when she grows up! :)

She is beautifull - CONGRATULATIONS again! XXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->