Introducing myself and a question.

Hoosiergirlie

Reaction score
Hello. I am Jen and I have never had children. I wanted them desperately through my 20's and 30's but my 1st husband had Hypogonadism. I used to belong to two TTC forums. I was divorced for several years and remarried about two years ago to a wonderful man who gave me a great stepdaughter. We would like to try for a child but I am concerned about my age. I am 40 and have regular 28 day cycles with no known fertility issues. My gynecologist told me last week that I want to get pregnant, I need to get moving quickly. Is it really very difficult to conceive at my age? Thank you for any input or experiences you can share.

welcome.

i've read and heard so many stories of women getting pregnant at 40+.

you're at a great advantage with regular 28 day cycles.

i highly recommend a clear blue fertility monitor (cbfm) so you
can pinpoint when you ovulate.

good luck and again, welcome!

:dust:

Hello, some people are really lucky and age doesn't seem to be a problem. I would say don't hesitate just in case. I had always wanted a few children and was lucky enough to conceive at 40 and deliver at 41. I used iui as I didn't have a partner. I am about to turn 44 now and have been trying for a year now for number 2 without success, this is when I wish I had started earlier. Good luck with your journey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->