Iron Tablets.....constipation?

Moulder86

Fiancé & mum to one
Reaction score
Ok so the midwife gave me iron tablets but does anyone know what you can take for constipation whilst pregnant?? xx

You could ask your midwife if you can take Natural Senna, you can buy it from health food shops. It will gently help you go:blush:

However, when i was pregnant i had iron injections so that i would not become constipated. They just inject you above your bum and there safe with
:baby: too.

Prune juice. I haven't tried it but it's supposed to work x

Eww prune juice yuck, I eat wholemeal bread every day for breakfast and lunch but didn't seem to help before so now I'm on iron tablets it's worse and I'm trying to find something to help because my insides have been a pain the last few days.

xx

Eww prune juice yuck, I eat wholemeal bread every day for breakfast and lunch but didn't seem to help before so now I'm on iron tablets it's worse and I'm trying to find something to help because my insides have been a pain the last few days.

xx

To be honest, I'd never been constipated in my whole life until I got pregnant so I was a bit surprised! I eat all the fibrous food ever made I think. I wasn't on iron tablets though and I still couldn't find a way to get rid of it, it eventually just passed. It's rubbish though - poor you! Drinking lots of water helps, I think the constipation is partly to do with absorbing more water back into the body. Other than that, try the prunes!

Well I've been shopping today and decided to pop into superdrug and I got some natural senna so we'll see how that goes down if it works (fingers crossed).

Thanks tho girlies.

xx

Although I've been lucky so far as to not have constipation (touches lots of wood) my iron levels have been a bit low, and I'm dreading them dropping any further, so that I have to take the dreaded iron tablets!
My friend had terrible constipation when pregnant, and she too swears by prune juice. However, she drank some at work one afternoon, and only just made it home, if you know what I mean! So if you do take it, go easy, as it really really works if you take too much at once!
Hope you feel better soon.
xx

I think I'd end up throwing up if I drank prune juice, it's horrid. xx

I'm taking spatone on the recommendation of my mw. It's a liquid form of iron supplements.

I tried the spatone stuff but I couldn't stomache it, I couldn't stand the taste. Only thing being now is I'm not going to know if it's my body clearing out before labour or if it's because of the pills I'm taking x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->