Irrational turkey fears!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielleM

Reaction score
Honestly this is so pathetic it is unbelievable. Anyway we have just had a new kitchen fitted with an integrated fridge freezer. The freezer has smaller compartments than my last one and I will not fit my turkey in there (we usually buy frozen), so I thought 'oh well I will order from the butcher and go fresh this year'. Now I am up after having a nightmare that I ordered well in advance for my turkey and went to pick it up Christmas Eve and they didn't have my turkey, no I am worried in case they lose my order!! Argh Christ get a grip Danielle!!

Can you imagine though I think I would be absolutely devastated!!

maybe buy a really small frozen one just in case to put your mind at rest.
i would cry if something like that happened i cant even imagine i think id have to cancel xmas hahaha

M&S have loads of turkeys on the shelf Christmas eve usually.

I will be getting a frozen turkey crown again this year, my freezer is so small a decent size turkey won't fit :( You could always pop in a few times and check your order with the butcher?

Dean ordered ours at the butchers...i've sent him to check he put the order in..and i will.be when i go in next..lol

maybe buy a really small frozen one just in case to put your mind at rest.
i would cry if something like that happened i cant even imagine i think id have to cancel xmas hahaha

Good idea this think I will x

Am thinking if I go really early to pick it up Christmas Eve if it isn't there then I can get one from a supermarket stupid dream making me panic!!

Buy a frozen one a few days before because it will take couple of days to thaw out in a cold place. I defrost mine in utility room, which is really more like a garage (no heating.)

You could go for turkey dinosaurs? I mean, I know it isn't traditional, but they are delicious :haha:

I seriously think we might do this this year.

I'm seriously considering buying ready sliced packet stuff this year! For the first time in years it's just me, DH and DS (almost 3) and I'm determined not to spend the day in the kitchen like I usually have to. We bought some sliced turkey from the deli last week for sandwiches and it was delicious, we joked we should get it for xmas but now I'm seriously considering it lol!

I'm seriously considering buying ready sliced packet stuff this year! For the first time in years it's just me, DH and DS (almost 3) and I'm determined not to spend the day in the kitchen like I usually have to. We bought some sliced turkey from the deli last week for sandwiches and it was delicious, we joked we should get it for xmas but now I'm seriously considering it lol!

Oh no way it wouldn't be Christmas without the smell of the turkey cooking in the morning!!

i'm sure your butcher won't forget, and perhaps a backup is a good idea if it will help you relax. however, one year the dh and iwent away for christmas to the middle of nowhere and realised xmas eve that our bird was off. nowhere to get a new one. rest assured it was fine and xmas did not fall apart - we had toad in the hole for christmas dinner and found it hilarious. the turkey doesn't make christmas, having a fun meal with your family does, whatever that may be! (love the turkey dinosaurs idea)

One year my mother in law wasn't sure how many were coming for Christmas dinner so bought individual turkey breasts and wrapped them in bacon! It was delicious and she could just pop another in the freezer whenever someone else was coming!

One year my mother in law wasn't sure how many were coming for Christmas dinner so bought individual turkey breasts and wrapped them in bacon! It was delicious and she could just pop another in the freezer whenever someone else was coming!

That sounds amazing!

That sounds amazing!

It was! And cooked in about an hour so no staying in the kitchen all day!

I tend to cheat a bit - couple weeks before I par boil and oil my potatoes, and parsnips, make my Yorkshire pudding batter and make my sausage meat stuffing balls, then freeze it all. Then Christmas day all I have to do is pop it all on disposable trays and stick it in the oven at the right time! I even prep my veg the day before so I dont have to do anything!!!! :happydance:

The turkey in bacon sounds amazing, I might do that yum yum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back