Irritated neck issues

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
Okay so she spits up a nice bit/milk runs down her chin and it all gets caught up in her neck folds (I assume this is a common thing?). Anyway, I keep a really good eye out for it cause if it gets left it gets really irritated and smells. Apparently I missed some because her poor little neck is so red now in one spot. Does anyone have any tips to prevent this from happening? I have Vaseline put on it now to try to clear up the soreness

Vaseline will probably help to prevent it rather than cure it as it acts like a barrier. You might want to try an antiseptic lotion to help it heal?

If I notice Jasmine has spit up I usually use a baby wipe and give her mouth and neck a good wipe.

Each night after bath time with hermione i rub a lotion in her body and on her neck - it keeps it moisturised and i find that it acts as a barrier in the day. the other thing i have noticed is that if milk manages to get on her vest then it is this that can make her neck sore - so have loads spare.

hope it helps

Yep happened with us a lot when Hannah was newborn. We just try to keep it clean, dry it out really well and we put a tiny bit of baby powder on it every evening, has really helped.

I really don't have a way of preventing it...I just wipe it with a baby wipe and rub her chin and neck with baby lotion so it keeps moist.

After her bath dry her neck and then put sudocrem in the folds of her neck, or Vaseline. Do the same in the other folds such as the arms, legs etc.

I had this same problem with lily and the health visitor gave me timodine and ye put that on twice a day and it clears up the redness and but a barrier on the skin so it doesnt become red and sore

after bath time i put some intensive moisturiser that the HV gave me on her creases and it seems to have stopped in now

Lou
xxx

Never had that problem.Just try to wipe properly and keep using baby lotion every morning and night.Moisturisation is the key.It creates a barrier preventing rash.

I just used baby wipes after ever feeding or tried to wipe it out really good and baby powder to take the dampness away you could try!

Benjamin spits some of his formula out while feeding and of course this runs down his chin into his neck folds. I keep a thick face cloth under his chin during feeds, and afterwards just wipe his neck with a clean cloth or baby wipe and use powder on his neck. This seems to keep the soreness under control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->