Is 9dpo too early to test?

Huggles

Proud mommy :)
Reaction score
what are the chances of getting a positive hpt at 9dpo?

I have a very strong feeling this might finally be our lucky month. There are a few things convincing me I'm pregnant (mild nausea, slight indigestion yesterday, 'full' feeling in my lower abdomen etc). This month just feels different to all those before.

I'm dying to test but terrified of yet another bfn. Ideally I know I should wait until Sunday (12dpo), but I'm driving myself crazy with not knowing, so wondering if I could test tomorrow morning (9dpo). What are the chances it would come back positive (assuming I am pg)?

Eta: the test I have is 20miu

In all honesty I'd wait until you miss your period. It'll just drive you insane otherwise if you get a false negative.

You can get a positive 9DPO, I did. But dont consider yourself out if its BFN, you could definitely still go on to get a BFP. Good luck!

Some women can get a BFP that early I never do though, here is the 2014 Statistical Data on Pregnancy Test Timing from fertility friend
Method:
We considered a batch of the most recent charts analyzed on the FertilityFriend.com web site. We considered 93,184 recent charts for which the woman's averages from past cycles were available (most notably the average luteal phase length). For each chart considered we took note of the ovulation day, the first positive pregnancy test, the first negative pregnancy test and the average luteal phase length. From the ovulation day and the average luteal phase length we were able to calculate the day of the expected menstrual period. This latter parameter is extremely important to understand the results.

Results:
Average Day Past Ovulation (DPO) for the first positive pregnancy test: 13.6 DPO
Average DPO for the first "false" negative test result: 10.3 DPO
Percentage of pregnancy charts with a positive test at 10 DPO: 10%
Percentage of pregnancy charts which show negative results before a positive result: 17%
Average time between the expected period and the first positive pregnancy test: 0.5 days before the expected period.
Percentage of negative test results taken three days or more before the expected period day on non pregnant charts: 40.7%

9DPO is the most common implantation day making 13DPO the most common BFP

Congrats kitteh-kat!

I caved last night, only 8dpo, and tested. Bfn which wasn't all that surprising. Somehow a bfn so early is easier to accept. Still feeling pretty convinced I'm pg though so buying another test tomorrow to do Sunday morning 12dpo.

I tested yesterday as well and it was completely white, and then today there is a definite visible line, so you never know. Good luck, hun! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->