Is an IOU a rubbish present?! please be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
Long story short, OH has bought me some lovely lovely things and I've just not got the money to reciprocate this month. :( I know he'd love a spa day and I have it on good authority that a local very nice spa have upcoming big discounts on spa days in January.

I'm thinking of making an IOU ticket thing for a spa day, plus dinner at his favourite restaurant and cinema tickets to an action film (I usually refuse to watch them!) of his choice.

It'll work out as over £150 which I won't have until mid January, but we couldn't go until then anyway!

I just feel it's a bit cheeky, like it would be OK if they were vouchers/gift cards but an IOU seems a bit crap?!

Opinions?

I think it would be fine especially as its your oh. You could make it personal by making a little gift voucher yourself to tell him what it is. Ask him when he wants to book for and actually book it together in January

My OH is giving me an IOU for xmas. He knows I love musicals (he hates them!) So in jan/feb when we both have a bit more money, we're going to london for a show :) he's told me about it already, but he's also bought me a few things to open xmas day so I'm not sat twiddling my thumbs lol

I think it sounds fine. Perhaps you could make a fun voucher, either on the computer or by hand, and pop it in a money wallet.

Yep, I agree...absolutely fine!

Sounds good to me. I'd probably wrap some bits up and see if he can guess what it is. Like a sachet of face mask, a bag of popcorn and a printed menu.

:happydance:

Problem solved!! Logged onto the spas facebook page today and there's a special Christmas offer for first 10 callers! I can afford the voucher AND it comes with a treatment and lunch!!!!!! :happydance:

Good stuff getting it sorted.

IOU for DH for a specific thing is ok but few people beyond that should be given an iou. We had someone attempt an iou for a wedding present and they never followed it up. It just feels wrong to us.

You could make your own voucher on the computer :) always extra fun! It's what I usually do when OH's gifts are preordered games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"