Is anyone doing a vegetarian christmas dinner?

wildflower79

Reaction score
What's on the menu? I was going to make something and then saw Aldi advertising some veggie wellingtons I might like to try. They've never had them in stock yet though in my local store, so wondering about making something myself again. Not sure what to do that I can make in advance.

I don't cook Christmas dinner- my grandmother does, but I've been vegetarian since I was 11 and each year I have the same as everyone else but with quorn roast instead of turkey. My nana has tried making vegetarian pigs in blankets a few times but they never turn out very well! :)
Vegetarian wellingtons sound interesting. May have to try and find them in Aldi so I can try them :)

Same as pp, my mum always cooks a vegetarian dinner with a quorn roast and vegetarian sausages in bacon, simple but you can't beat it

My mum is vegetarian and we have a mixed bean/lentil/cheese/chilli loaf thing that my dad makes every year. She then has the rest the same as everyone else except for veggie gravy

I make Simon rimmers mushroom and cranberry Wellington

Meee! My husband and dad are veggie and I've gone off meat this pregnancy so we've decided to do an all veggie Christmas.

I've made this (frozen and ready to cook):www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/squash-blue-cheese-wellington although I'm using normal Wensleydale not blue, and walnuts and figs instead of maple and pecan! I like to add my own twists to things.

My MIL is also making this:
www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/69605/parsnip-cranberry-and-chestnut-loaf

And we'll also have a quorn roast on the go as hubby loves them lol. And all the (veggie) trimmings!

I can't wait!!

Usually I do Quorn roast or nut roast, I may do one of the Quorn pies this year haven't decided. I'm vegeterian, dh and 2 los are not but they often want veggie stuff to

I can't seem to eat Quorn stuff, it doesn't agree with me! I made the Simon Rimmer wellington a couple of years ago and it was lovely :)

I really like the sound of that squash and blue cheese wellington. I might try that, but slightly adapted with chestnuts and Wensleydale with cranberries.

Hard for me as i am a lifelong vegetarian, and this is hard to explain but I think because of that I can't "stomach" the idea of some of the fake meats. my mum cooked everything from scratch for us growing up and now you can buy fake burgers(for example) that look really real so much in fact, it actually puts me off. How strange is that?! I appreciate that i am likely just a loon haha.

So i basically only eat vegetables etc for my Christmas dinner as we eat with the inlaws. Don't get me wrong it's still lovely and I love a plate of roasties lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->