Is anyone keeping secrets?

S

sparkswillfly

Ive talked my OH into not telling anyone the sex of our baby, until its born obviously. I dont want to tell anyone any names we have thought of either since my suggestions have been called awful by in laws.

Ive said its because I want it to be a surprise but its actually selfish reasons Id like to keep control over something and keep it private. Is that mean? Anyone else planning to do the same?

Yup.
Both of our families seemed disapproving of the idea of finding out the sex early - like it was cheating or something! :)
So, we decided to find out and keep it to ourselves and tell everyone else that we tried, but baby wouldn't cooperate and the ultrasound tech couldn't get a clear view.
I really couldn't care less about the deceit. It's kind of fun having this secret to ourselves.
As for names, we have shared a few possibilities, but we will announce our actual choice after we've made it, which will be after baby is born and the birth cert is signed and submitted!
Nobody was being awful about our name choices, anyway, but I think it's easier to just announce it than to give anyone the feeling like they had a say in the matter.

Thats a really good idea about not being able to tell. I might have to steal that idea atleast we wont get hassled!

We are not having any type of religious ceremonies after the birth and both of our families are most likely expecting us to. We've decided not to openly discuss it with either sides because there is nothing to discuss- it's not happening. =)

We've not decided what we'll do when we find out the gender - probably share that, but not the name we pick. Do what feels best to you though. You're not mean to keep it to yourself!

if I go into labor on a night/evening we wont be telling anyone! no point keeping the whole family up all night lol

We have told everyone that we are expecting a girl but we won't be telling anyone the name until after she is here. We did the same when we had our son.

Also won't tell anyone that i have gone into labour apart from my mum and dad who will be looking after my son. Last time my husbands family came to our house while i was in labour and then waited on the hospital car park!!! Luckily i got sent home and we didn't tell them when i went back in!

we wont tell anyone the names until baby makes its arrival. we like having this it keeps it ours for just a little bit longer

I dont think I want to tell anyone when I go into labour either. My SIL is already talking about getting the train here as soon as I go into labour. They will all be sitting in the waiting room!

I won't be telling anyone expect those absolutely necessary when i'm in labour either. I would rather enjoy it than get hassled by people who are just nosey.
I can't believe your in laws called your names awful! It's your choice damn it.

yep - we're doing the same although OH really didn't want to find out sex of baby, so we didn't. I'm keeping our names secret too - he's not allowed to tell anyone. I want it to be a surprise for after baby comes along.

i don't think you're selfish at all xx

Lots of things we're not telling :lol: The names and when bean is being born and if we'd found out the gender we wouldnt be telling that either :)

We're not going to find out the sex of the baby in advance anyway. But we are keeping name options a bit quiet, we don't want anyone pinching them! Of course, they could pick the same name by coincidence which would be awful too, so I've been having second thoughts on that one lately. (We know three pregnant women atm, all due before me)

what are you all doing about your nursery. We are having a little boy and it is our first. We are having a transport theme with lots of stripes and gingham in blues reds and white, thing is i am buying things but cant put them in the room as all rellys and friends keep wanting to see the nursery, which is magnolia and our pine furniture set at the moment. I want to get on making it nice but I have chosen very boyish and very obvious boy colours and theme-litle cars, boats and planes etc. Guess if neutral theme would be ok.

what are you all doing about your nursery. We are having a little boy and it is our first. We are having a transport theme with lots of stripes and gingham in blues reds and white, thing is i am buying things but cant put them in the room as all rellys and friends keep wanting to see the nursery, which is magnolia and our pine furniture set at the moment. I want to get on making it nice but I have chosen very boyish and very obvious boy colours and theme-litle cars, boats and planes etc. Guess if neutral theme would be ok.

Don't let them in!
Do the nursery up, then cordon off the door with "Danger! Live Electric Wires!!" signs or something like that and say it's an unfinished DIY nightmare and that you've been prohibited from entering it until a structural engineer gives the okay!:)

I got waaaaay too much pink stuff so I kinda wish I never told anyone the sex, although I HAD to know!

I haven't found out the sex, and what I've been finding is that people don't believe me, and think I'm keeping it a secret on purpose! lol I wouldn't mind if it was true, but I genuinely don't know! lol So you can't win either way!
xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"