Is anyone scared of....

L

Litol_x_Me

Not waking in the night when LO arrives and cries??

I keep having this fear go threw my head that i won't wake up when LO cries during the night, It is driving me mad too the point i am thinking of getting my sleep during the day when OH is awake and staying awake at night just too be safe :hissy:

I had that fear, but my maternal instincts kicked in. Have faith in yourself :)

I suffered from this SO much since Caitlyn was born untill about 2 nights ago. I wouldn't sleep when she was sleeping so I was getting 2-4 hours sleep when someone else could watch her. It was silly to be honest. If she wants me awake she knows how to do it! You will be just fine, please try not to worry. Natural instinct will wake you up, and if not, your LO will!

:hugs:

I suffered from this SO much since Caitlyn was born untill about 2 nights ago. I wouldn't sleep when she was sleeping so I was getting 2-4 hours sleep when someone else could watch her. It was silly to be honest. If she wants me awake she knows how to do it! You will be just fine, please try not to worry. Natural instinct will wake you up, and if not, your LO will!

:hugs:

Thanks hun, just worries me incase i don't wake up and something bad happens too LO i would never ever forgive myself, i am hard too wake up, i dont wake up too alarms or nothing. i just hope instincts will kick in

Have you heard how loud a newborns cry is >.<?

Are you planning on putting her into her own room straight away or are you going to be using a mosesbasket/crib for the first few months? If you go for the latter, I think you'll gain a lot more confidence and get more comfortable knowing you DO wake up when it's time for LO to sleep in its own room. + even then you can get a monitor and put it on loud!

Thanks hun, just worries me incase i don't wake up and something bad happens too LO i would never ever forgive myself, i am hard too wake up, i dont wake up too alarms or nothing. i just hope instincts will kick in

I know how scarey it is. I slept through her crying once and it scared me so much I couldn't sleep while she was asleep anymore. Luckily Rich heard her, although I'm sure she would've woken me up eventually. She has a good set of lungs on her!

i've been worrying about this too! but then i thought if i can wake up to my alarm on my phone then i can wake up to a baby in his basket who is screaming next to me

Have you heard how loud a newborns cry is >.<?

Are you planning on putting her into her own room straight away or are you going to be using a mosesbasket/crib for the first few months? If you go for the latter, I think you'll gain a lot more confidence and get more comfortable knowing you DO wake up when it's time for LO to sleep in its own room. + even then you can get a monitor and put it on loud!

Oh no no no lol baba will be in moses basket and in with me for a bit lol i ain't that brave! lmao

You are not the only one who is worried about this! I´m a really deep sleeper and have slept through phones, alarm clocks, even a smoke alarm beeping cos the battery was low. When I worked as an Au Pair, one night the guy I worked for got up in the middle of the night to go to the loo and fainted, crashing to the floor. I never heard a thing. The next day his wife asked me why I didn´t get up and give her a hand getting him back to bed, and I was shocked that I´d not heard a thing!

However that said, I´ve been assured by anyone and everyone that when its your own child, instinct kicks in and you hear them cry.

I was a VERY deep sleeper before Liam was born. Seriously, I was staying in a hotel in Toronto once and the fire alarm went off and my family had to wake me up. :p There is something about your own baby's cry that just hear for some reason. Even now he is over two and I'll he has to say is "Mommy" once or twice and I wake right up. It's crazy!!! You'll be just fine! :)

I worried about this to (alot!) but don't worry too much as when your baby wakes in the night you can't fail to hear them cry. It's natural for you to be worried about this, but you'll actually find yourself waking when they are sleeping (just to check).
I wish you well with the rest of your pregnancy and hope you enjoy your new arrival x

I never wake up to alarms, and its a struggle when other people try to wake me, I'm always late waking up to get the kids to school in the morning, but somehow, when baby cries in the night, you wake up almost instantly.
I did with my others no probs, but after 3 months, i stopped waking up straight away, id lay in bed and just listen to them cry for 10 mins or so, then get up and do my stuff, but because of this, they all slept through from being about 4 months old.
i figure they thought, what the point of going to all that effort crying when she doesn't do what i want straight away, so payed off, lol.

Its strange but your body is really tuned into your baby and you will wake up. I used to wake at the slightest wimper or noise!!

Now my son is 3 when he occasionally wakes in the night i rarely hear him and sleep through!! My OH gets up to him and when he tells me the next morning i sometimes don't believe him! But i don't worry about Kian as much anymore and if he really needs me he can get to me safely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->