Is Asher really that popular?

bassdesire

Reaction score
So I know it has been searched a lot on name berry, but is this name really that popular? I know of a couple Jewish Asher's, but when I mention the name here everyone seems to suggest it is the trendiest name ever. Is it a euro/us thing?

Do you all know a lot of Ashers?

I see it a lot on here but ive never met one (but the Jewish community round here keep to themselves mostly so ive never really spoke to any)

Hmm I've heard of it a bit more often but I wouldn't say it's one of those trendy names like all the ---dens, aiden, kaden etc.. But this is in canada

I had never met an Asher and then two people I know, in the same city, used it within a month of one another. Still, I doubt you'll meet too many Ashers.

There are 2 Ashers in one of the moms' groups that I used to visit - both are almost 2 years old. Granted, I live near one of the biggest Jewish communities in the state, so that might have something to do with it.

And of course, every time I hear the name Asher, I think of the actor Asher Book from the 2009 rendition (movie) of Fame.

I'm from the US and have never heard of anyone named Asher, while I hear Ashton (both girls and boys) more, but still wouldn't consider it popular or trendy in the slightest.

On this site I see it very very often which is somewhat odd to me. It's a nice name though!

I know of 5 Ashers, all under the age of 10. Several Ashton's and Ashlyns also.

I only know of one girl Asha, never met an Asher.

i cant comment on Euro vs. US.

I can say that in Canada, I have only recently heard of the name. I heard of the name on this forum but not outside.

Don't know if its popular or just being used more than it had in the past.

I know of no Ashers but I really like the name... But I don't want to use it if there will be five in his class!!

I know 2 Ashers under the age of 2. I love the name! Has a great meaning as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->