Hey there, me and DH have been through loads of names but not quite the 'one'
We previously liked Freddie, Dexter, Elliot, Ethan & Harry

But we really like Charlie
(But not Charles)
Is it too old fashioned & boring?

We're thinking Charlie Owen

Opinions please! :) xx

nope, i only know a girl by charlie (short for Charlotte) but i think its cute

Not at all dated! My daughters name is Charlie!

I think it's a timeless classic, and you've chosen a beautiful middle name to go with it. Lovely!

Thanks ladies! Your input is really appreciated! X

Long story short, I've known a guy online since I was 15 (we've never met in person) named Charlie and he is literally one of the sweetest guys I've ever known. I couldn't use that name for that reason but I really like it and don't think it's outdated at all.

I love Charlie but I think it's quite unfair to name him Charlie and not Charles. I imagine a mature businessman in his 40's won't want to go around introducing himself as Charlie, much like the nicknames Jimmy, Timmy, Tommy, etc.

Charlie Owen is lovely, not outdated at all :D I quite like Owen as a first name too as it's not very common :)

I love Charles with a nickname as Charlie, as a pp mentioned. Not dated at all! Classic!

We loved the name Charlie, but didn't think we'd be having children anytime soon so when we adoped a cat we called him Charlie.
Not even a year later we're expecting, lol, but luckily we're having a girl! :haha:

Great choice! :thumbup:
I would also consider the formal version (Charles) as his official name, and Charlie as his everyday nickname. I did that with my second son. Even though I rarely call him Tobias (that gets saved for when he's been really naughty! :haha: ), we named him that so that he would have options as he got older. He gets called Tobe (To-bay) most of the time, also Tobo (silly nickname), and Toby. It will be his choice to use his full name as he likes when he is older.
But if you love Charlie, but are lukewarm on Charles, then go with what you love and what feels right. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->