Is DD too old for another dolls house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BethK

Reaction score
My DD is 4 1/2. She already has a Le Toy Van dolls house which she enjoys playing with but isn't keen on the dolls for it. She prefers playing with the happyland castle or sylvanian families treehouse.

For Christmas she asked for a princess castle so we were going to go for the Barbie Ultimate Dream Castle, but she's since spotted this -

https://www.kidkraft.com/toys-and-playsets/dollhouses/dollhouses/65079

She says she would rather have that house.

I'm not sure if she's too old though, how much longer will she be playing with dolls for? She doesn't have any Barbies yet either, she's never been interested before, all she says she wants is a real unicorn and this 'castle'. I can't do anything about the unicorn obviously.

She can't play with her Le toy Van house with big dolls as it's too small.

Is there any point or shall I try to persuade her to put something else on Father Christmas's list?

My daughter will soon be 7 & she still plays with this house most days (we have had it for 4 years this christmas) so I say go for it.

ELC always reduce this househttps://www.elc.co.uk/The-Manor-House-Wooden-Dolls-House/136962,default,pd.html#q=mansion
to half price every year around november & if you use a birthday code it will be £64,
also it's a great wow present on christmas morning! x

My 7 year old still plays with her doll houses quite a bit. I'd not let her age deter you, I think you'll at least get a few years use out of it.

I am actually buying my 7 yr old that Annabelle doll house this yr, she has asked for a doll house for a couple of yr now, and is still very interested in one. so i think your DD still has a long while to go :)

Have you thought of playmobil, they have houses and a princess castle and they also do a unicorn! :rofl:

My 7 year old plays with her dolls house, we got it for her last xmas x

No way is 4 and a half too old.

That house looks perfect.

Also I'm very glad to hear your DD still plays with some happyland stuff as my DD loves wee figures and shows no sign of getting bored with the happyland/little people stuff yet.

Thanks everyone! I'll definitely be sticking with the Kidkraft house then, i know she'll love it and hopefully as you all say she will have years of fun to come with it :)

Elphaba12 yes Freya still really loves the Happyland stuff, every time we go to ELC she wants to get another set but I've recently started saying no, i keep thinking that she will grow out of it soon and therefore it'd be a waste of money but she shows no sign of giving them up yet so i do feel rather mean!

A unicorn for her doll's house
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Schleich-7...=UTF8&qid=1412280432&sr=8-12&keywords=unicorn

Goodness no, if I had more time and could get away with it i'd play with it still. It saddens me people think young children are too old to play with certain toys, when I was little it was normal to play with dolls until about age 11 lol. Just shows how much more 'grown up' this generation is

Goodness no, if I had more time and could get away with it i'd play with it still. It saddens me people think young children are too old to play with certain toys, when I was little it was normal to play with dolls until about age 11 lol. Just shows how much more 'grown up' this generation is

Yep. I have a 10 year old neighbour who was laughing at boys in the street playing with sticks as guns and chasing around. She said they are nearly 11,they should be playing with iPads. I'm gutted to think this is how the future looks....anyway op, not too old. I got Emily the kidkraft city lights and I'm hoping it will be here for a v v long time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"