is induction more painful?

mummyof3babas

Reaction score
i had my 1st son 5 days over DD, my 2nd son 2 days over DD and this baby boy dosnt want to budge just yet so im booked in for induction next sat obv if hes still baking away, just wondering if induction is worse than going naturally? pain wise, are needing medical interference? and is it a higher chance of needing a c,section? really starting to worry now:( :cry:

I was induced with my 2nd, had to have my water broken, and went natural. The pain was unbearable. I honestly can't say that it made it more painful, but I'm 99% sure it did. It really felt like every bone in my body was breaking. My husband said it was like a scene out of the Exorcist. LOL! But once it was over, it was over, and just kind of unbelievable that I went from 10 to 0.

There were no complications though. Just be prepared - though some ladies have it much easier I'm sure! :)

i was induced with kai,and i reallly didnt find it that bad. obviously its painful, your gonna be pushing a fully grown baby out of a 10cm hole. but tbh my friends natural birth sounded worse and she needed medical interference.

youll be fine ez :)

I was discussing induction with my consultant yesterday. He has warned me it can be more painful due to how quickly it can bring on very strong contractions, and that you don't always get a break between contractions. He said the need for medical interference goes up quite a bit, along with emergency c section. x

i think will induction. everything happens go fast that theres a higher chance of baby becoming distressed. Kai became distressed at the end but only because the MW fucked off. decided her shift was over so she wasnt staying around and i needed to push but i was trying to hold it in because i couldnt find the button

Thanks girls:) im actually really scared, i just hope he comes naturally this week:(

Keeping my fingers crossed for you that your LO decides to come out naturally first :)

I'm scared of needing to be induced for the same reasons you are. I just have it in my head that it would be more painful than going into labor on your own. I hope you don't have to find out! :hugs:

Hi,

I was induced and as a pp said, it did feel like the contractions were constant but I managed to deal with the pain with just gas and air.

I'm being induced this time round and am expecting the same pain but it is bearable (well it was for me)

I was never told about any increased risk of csection - I was just told I'd need a csection if the induction didn't work (took 3 attempts to start me)

Xx

I was induced with my daughter with the pills inserted. I didn't even know I was on labor nor did the nurses. It gave me constant contractions but they were no worse than menstrual cramps. They say it makes it worse but I can't really see it being any less painful.

Unfortunately my baby has decided to stay put and im being induced tomorrow at 41+ 5. I would much rather go into labour naturally but I have been worrying about him as they say the placenta can give up so ive accepted ill have to be started off. I think beinginduced is the same as natural labour, you should go in with an open, positive mind and accept what happens happens. If your body doesnt co operate whosto say it would if you had a natural labour. I know someone whos waters broke, she never dilated, got an infection and needed emcs. So just go with the flow. I will post my birth story asap. Good luck xx

I was induced with the pessarys and contractions started after that, my waters stayed in tact until I started pushing, a fast and easy birth, no pain relief at all.. Not everybody has a horror story of induction.. I think my fast labour was down to the RLT and evening primrose opening my cervix, I just needed a little help getting started.. With my first pregnancy I had to have the drip, which I think was forced on me, being a more experienced mum now I would decline the drip and go for montoring for as long as poss, the drip is harsh and I had an epidural, saying that not other intervention was needed I pushed him out on my own, 9lbs, x

Never been induced but had two precipitate (sp?) labours, in both cases I had one contraction then another 15 minutes later and then they were all of a sudden literally every minute or less with no break in between and very very strong from the get go and I got to 9cm very very quickly (would have been 10cm but my waters refused to break in both cases). It wasn't easy but I managed one with gas and air just for the pushing stage and the other just TENs which wasn't effective after the first few contractions anyway xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->