Is it all in my head?

1998Baby

Reaction score
Okay this is going to be a long one... i am 19 years old, turning 20 at the end of this month. I have been on birth control since i was 15 turning 16, and i only get my period once every 2-3 months. in the last days of June i started slacking on it, i took it one day then didnt take it again for a couple of days and by the time the pack was done i had missed 5 or 6 days. On June 28th, i had sex, its the 15th of july and still no period. and since my periods have been so irregular i cannot tell the exact day of when i should test. 3 days ago i took a test and it came back negative, took another one this morning and it was still negative. One important thing to note is that i RARELY have cramps when im about to start my period. the only symptom of pms i get is the moodiness (they say pregnancy symptoms can be mistaken for pms). 3 days ago i noticed my lower abdomen looked bloated, and the next day i started having cramps. Along with other symptoms like nausea, sudden tiredness, heartburn, a soft cervix, and some other early pregnancy symptoms. Its frustrating because my family thinks that it is just all in my head, but i've never felt quite like this before. and i just feel different... i dont know how to explain it. i've been scared i was pregnant before after i missed a single pill then had sex right afterwards.. but never had any of these symptoms. since its only been 2 weeks since i had sex and 1 day since ovulation ive been told i should wait for 1-2 weeks before i take another test. Its driving me crazy and when my family doubts me it makes me feel stupid... any opinions?? please let me know

If you are sure you ovulated a day ago but last sex was 2 weeks then you aren't pregnant. Sperm cannot live that long. Your symptoms would be caused by rising progesterone.

Yes I agree with Flukey. You also wouldn't show any symptoms of pregnancy until implantation takes place because until then, the blastocyst is just travelling along the fallopian tube dividing, it's not having any effect on your hormones yet. If you've already implanted and ovulated before you think you did, you might be using a test that isn't sensitive enough to pick up lower levels of hcg in your urine. The only one that's really worth believing in is a First Response. Either early response or rapid results. They say they're two different sensitivies but I have used both many times and they come up with the same results. They work better than the 10miu ones on eBay. So get one of those and if it's still negative then I can almost guarantee you're not pregnant because if the hormone isn't showing up on a test that low, then there wouldn't be any explanation relating to pregnancy for your symptoms. Let us know how you get on xx

The pill is pointless if you don’t take it every day.

Sounds like you should get an implant unless you’re trying to get pregnant on purpose.

I agree with others that Sperm does not live that long. Generally a negative 2-3 weeks is a true neg. missing that many pills can definitely mess up your cycle. Ironically most early pregnancy symptoms happen every month and we don’t notice them because they are not on our mind OR the hormones delaying your period cause them so try to ignore symptoms OR see a doctor because cramps and a delayed period could mean a cyst (I had one once, my cycles were 40-70 days instead of 25-28)

I don’t want to mother you, but there are many alternatives to the pill that are just as effective and safe that don’t require the same diligence. I only say that as someone who also struggles to take her pill on time

Gl and hope you get the outcome that is best for you and your partner

ive realised a few things since making this post. i never really knew what ovulation was until a couple of days ago when i googled it, and also realized what i had at that time was not ovulation. also, ive been taking alot of benadryl wich is a antihistamine and can give you a false negative pregnancy test. overnight i started noticing some light bleeding, and when i do have my period its ALWAYS the end of the month. on the 20th at the least. so im going to stop taking the benadryl, and wait a couple days to see if this is just my period starting.

No worries. I thought I was a period queen until I started ttc and realized I was so wrong haha. I would bring it up to your doctor about the periods. Only having them every 2-3 months/ when you’re on the pill could be from an underlying problem. And it will make ttc trickier later in life if you are truly only ovulating once a quarter. It’s not uncommon though and I have friends on here with long cycjescwhi go on to have healthy pregnancies. I just go in about everything lol

Best of luck and just let us know if you have any other questions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->