• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is it ALL Men??

WackyMumof2

Reaction score
What is it with men and naming children?? I can cope with Kairi (Kingdom Hearts) as I actually really love it and hoped to use for a girl but do ALL men want to name their children after comic/game/movie characters? Hubby wanted Luke for DS2 and DS3 and tried it with Anakin as well (Star Wars). Tried for Altair (Assassins Creed) which I actually do like but the poor kid would FOREVER be correcting people on the pronunciation of his name. Now, while we have Sebastian set in stone and middle name will probably be Kage after I did a little further digging, hubby has been trying for Kal-El (Superman's Kryptonian name). :dohh: Can men NOT actually be serious - or are their name choices for real??

I honestly think my husband would name our children Thor, or Anakin, or Hercules. For real.

It is the most frustrating thing.

I honestly think my husband would name our children Thor, or Anakin, or Hercules. For real.

Men just don't get it. :dohh: Mind you, he'd be REALLY good at naming pets. :rofl: We've had a kitten we called Hercules and currently have a kitten called Zeus. Pretty sure we've had a Thor in among our litters too. :haha:

Legit would name a daughter Kairi. Looooove kingdom hearts.

Were just as bad as each other in fairness. Both big gamers and we would have totally gone with Cayde or Eris (Destiny) and id have gone with Yuna (Final Fantasy X).

But sensibility prevailed and this baby would have been Christopher if a boy and is going to be called Harley :)

My OH agreed to Logan for our son because it's wolverine's name, in all fairness I wanted Harry after Harry Potter:haha:

My OH agreed to Logan for our son because it's wolverine's name, in all fairness I wanted Harry after Harry Potter:haha:

There is a BIG difference between a book and a movie though. I mean, how many men ACTUALLY read? :haha:

Legit would name a daughter Kairi. Looooove kingdom hearts.

Were just as bad as each other in fairness. Both big gamers and we would have totally gone with Cayde or Eris (Destiny) and id have gone with Yuna (Final Fantasy X).

But sensibility prevailed and this baby would have been Christopher if a boy and is going to be called Harley :)

That's where hubby got Kairi. I'd never heard it before but I just fell in love with it - and still loved it after he told me where he'd heard it. :) He likes Dante too after an Assassins Creed character but honestly, every 3rd little boy you come across is Dante now and I really, really don't like it because it's become so damn common here in NZ.

As for your choice in Christopher, fully agree - my eldest is a Christopher (and nope, we don't shorten it to Chris at all). :)

Kairi would have been awesome! I love kingdom hearts too.

My OH loves his games but he's never actually suggested any names from any of his games! In fact the name that was top of my list I got from of his games, he said no to it! :haha:

My husband wanted to name our daughter Zelda. Like he fought hard. Had I been at all attached to the LoZ franchise or actually liked the name to some degree (I don’t) then I might have been fine with it as I tend to be a bit of a geek about that stuff too. I mostly reserve it for pets though. :haha:

Oh dear my DH hasn't ever suggested anything like this... but he's a little annoying in the fact that he just "doesn't like the way it rolls off his tongue" so I spend a lot of time finding lots of options until he says yes! This time was way easier than our last one... we spent half the pregnancy finding a name! This time it was sorted in a few weeks.

OH wants to name our daughter Khaleesi or Daenerys :dohh: I don't watch game of thrones. I think khaleesi is a pretty name,but it's too 'out there's for me to consider. Whenever I ask him for suggestions (she's still nameless) all he says is khaleesi :dohh: :dohh: apparently whatever name she has, he'll call her Kali, or Leesi as a nickname. He's obsessed!!

My OH loves his games but he's never actually suggested any names from any of his games! In fact the name that was top of my list I got from of his games, he said no to it! :haha:

There's a shock! :rofl: You must have a one of a kind man there. :haha:

Men just don't get it. :dohh: Mind you, he'd be REALLY good at naming pets. :rofl: We've had a kitten we called Hercules and currently have a kitten called Zeus. Pretty sure we've had a Thor in among our litters too. :haha:

Haha we have a cat called Zeus too!
And we have a dog called Odin. Ahh..seeing a theme..lol.

There's a shock! :rofl: You must have a one of a kind man there. :haha:

You wouldn't have even thought it from a game, it was Eleanor. It's just a nice normal name!

We like more traditional names rather than out there, 'unusual or unique.' So I was taken back when he said he didn't like it! Especially as before I was pregnant I thought he liked it!

OH wants to name our daughter Khaleesi or Daenerys :dohh: I don't watch game of thrones. I think khaleesi is a pretty name,but it's too 'out there's for me to consider. Whenever I ask him for suggestions (she's still nameless) all he says is khaleesi :dohh: :dohh: apparently whatever name she has, he'll call her Kali, or Leesi as a nickname. He's obsessed!!

Yeah as a Game if Thrones fan don’t do Khaleesi! I think Daenerys is nice though, it’s her actual name and it sounds more like a name someone in the real world could pull off.

My husband and I have completely different taste in boys' names... he says all my boys' names are "too girly." I mean he said Zeke was too girly. (?????) Anyway... thankfully girls' names are a bit easier. Maybe this one will be another girl! Although that's funny about Dante, that is on our (very short) list of boys' names we both like. hahaha

I fantasize about one day naming a daughter Zelda. I love the games, and I love good Z-names which there aren't too many of.

If I was going to name daughter after a GoT character, I'd go with Arya. Not too odd sounding, and awesome character. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->