Is it bad to have another one straight after?

Lucy&Pard

Reaction score
I am soooo broody again but I remember reading about Brittney Spears when she had her second boy and all the papers said she was having him too soon after her first and that it wasnt healthy. Whats the deal surely it just means worse stretch marks or something and mine are sooo bad anyway that I dont care! I really want another one!!!

i think it was because she had a c sections both times, then again Angelina Jolie had sections with Shiola and the twins aswell.

I think they say that because they figure most mothers wont be able to deal with 2 young babies at once ..imo if you think you can go for it !

There is an increased risk of birth defects and pregnancy complications if you get pregnant too soon after. Your body needs to heal and regulate and be healthy before you should think about another baby.

I believe they suggest waiting at the very least 6 months...

I heard you should give your body a year to recover inbetween pregnancies. Personally, I think its better to wait until your LO isn't as needy b/c if you got preg now, Leo would only be a year old when new one is born and at that age they still need a lot of mummys time and attention.

They usually recommend a year here for a number of factors as others have mentioned. c sction or not. x

i'd love another, but i'm gona wait. i remember what i was like when i was pregnant with katie, i was huge cos she was massive and i couldnt be arsed doin anythin and couldnt really do anythin tbh.

i'd hate to get preg now and miss out on bein able to get on the floor and play with her when she's still so little!! it used to make me really sick to bend over too which would be a nightmare when everythin's at floor level.

god i'm sssoooooo broody tho!!

btw i love your avtar!!

I think they say to wait 6 months to a year, although many women have another before that.
I have two years gap (exactly the same between each of my three) and it was hard even that long apart because I found it hard to cope with things like morning sickness and things like taking a two year old to all the hospital/doctors appointments BUT there are many many advantages to having them close - like alreayd having about 90% of what you need and having a baby routine already in place - the new baby just slots in with what you already do! whereas with a bigger gap it would mean adding in baby things to your daily life if you see what i mean

sophie

I'm feeling the same at the moment at Leo's only 2 months old! Thats why Ive just gone on the pill because if I didnt I would end up pregnant and its way too soon. But Im feeling reaalllyy broody and want to be pregnant again lol

xx

Well, I certainly didn't MEAN to become pregnant so soon, but when Char was 12 weeks it happened. Adam is due 2 weeks after Char turns 1. It's already getting difficult cause I can't bend down to the floor easily to pick her up, especially now that she's crawling everywhere and carrying her around is pretty uncomfortable. On top of that I have that massive ovarian cyst so the doc doesn't want me doing ANYTHING, sine I'm a SAHM that's almost impossible. I wish that I would be able to have more time alone with her as my only baby, but since this is the way it's playing out...I'll take what time I have now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->