Is it bad to name your child after someone who passed away?

Babyfor2

Reaction score
I never loved the name Clara. I never hated it either, I just never thought it was crazy special or anything. I was an Stna and took care if this sweet old woman named Clara. She couldn't walk or move or remember her 7 children who always came to visit. I really grew to love her and she passed away this year. I have always had a ton of unque girl names picked out and now all I can think about is this name.... I always said it so much to her hoping she would always remember it that it became so familiar. This is not supposed to be a sob story. I just am afraid I'm going to name my child something completely different than what I really want. I also like the names Cora, Audrey, and Ava. How popular is Clara. I feel like it seems like such a sweet innocent beautiful name but that might just be from the person I knew. The middle name will be Joyce after my grandma.

Ps. Is it weird to name my child after the person I took care of? I feel like normally kids are only named after people when they are related.....

It's the norm in my Jewish community so not weird to me!!

If it's special to you then why not?.... I think it's sweet, and think it's a lovely name! (I think that makes a difference!)

Our son is named after my OH's grandad who died when my OH was younger, so I or LO never met him. But he was special to my OH. Plus his name was Tom so I could cope with that!.... My grandad died last year, and although I was close to him when growing up I would have thought twice about naming my child after him as he was called Norman!

So as long as you like the name too then I think it's a sweet thing to do x

I do t think its weird at all, and it's a lovely name. It has meaning to you and it's special, that's what's Important zx

not at all. If I had a boy I was going to name him after my dad who has passed. another way to look at it is well all pass one day so even if your honouring someone who is living.... they aren't always going to be. sorry for the lack of better words lol x

not at all. its a svery sweet name and i don't know any horrid little girls named Clara. the one i do know is very down to earth, natural, sweet and caring.

and she obviously meant alot to you, even if it was just subconsiously because if she didnt your mind would just move on from it after her passing.

And Clara Joyce is very pretty.

I don't think it's weird at all, sometimes when you care for people they become a member of your family anyway in a way. I love the name and I think it flows very well with Joyce too, I would go for it! x

Not weird but make sure you remember good things to do with the name

Clara is quite rare I think Ive never met one although I know a Cara, Tara, Zara and Sara

if you want a similar that honors but doesn't copy the name you could use something like Clarice/Clarissa

I think it's lovely! It obviously has a speciall meaning for you too so go for it!

Definitely not weird- I think it's a beautiful gift to give your child, the name of a person who was special.
I think Clara is a lovely name.

I think that would really be a special thing to do.. plus it sounds like something in you is "telling" you to use this name. Clara is a very old Southern name. It was my great grandmother's name. I think it's timeless and classy! I also really like it because you don't hear it much at all anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->