is it enough

x-li-x

Me & Hubby + 3 :)
Reaction score
just wondered how much your little ones eat? im worried my son not eating enough
this is what he has?

between 8-9 - breakfast (half jar-full jar stage 1 or 2-3 spoons of cereal n water) then he may or may not drink 5oz of milk)
between 1-2 - dinner, half jar to ful jar stage 1
between 5-6 - 6oz milk
9 - bedtime bottle 6-7oz

is this enough? xx

:hug:

That sounds fine :) kids will eat when they eat etc :) as long as hes not howling wwith hunger its all good!

Does he get any other bottles? B/c that is NOT enough milk for a 5 month old. Milk should be the main source of calories for the 1st year, and at 5 months old, he should have between 24 and 32 oz daily. (keep in mind, Im in America)

My LO has a bottle when first woken... 7oz
breakfast baby cereal
lunch- bread with dairylea cheese and a yoghurt
dinner- either spag bol, casserole, a fish dinner then a yoguhrt
before bed- bottle 7oz

He will tell you when he wants more

Does he get any other bottles? B/c that is NOT enough milk for a 5 month old. Milk should be the main source of calories for the 1st year, and at 5 months old, he should have between 24 and 32 oz daily. (keep in mind, Im in America)

I have just put in one of my posts about the amount of milk you are supposed to give when a baby is weaned. Conflicting info everywhere. What is the minimum and maximum amount of milk a baby should have once weaned?

Ok, I can give American recommendations, but over here "weaned" means that they dont get breastmilk or formula anymore - they get cow's milk. That's not recommended until 1 year and then they should get about 16oz of milk/day.

THe amount of milk depends on the weight of the baby - babies 0-6 months need 120 kcals/kg/day to grow, those 6-12 months need 100 kcals/kg/day. Assuming average baby weights, this roughly extrapolates out to:

newborn: 2-3 oz of formula every 3-4 hours

3-6 months: 24-32 oz formula per day

Start slowly introducing solids at 6 months.

6-9 months: about 20-30 oz formula per day

9-12 months: 16-24 oz formula per day

That said, if your baby is growing appropriately, do as you wish. The problem is, most babies cant eat solid foods well enough to take in enough calories to "replace" any milk meal with food at 5 months old.

Star

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"