is it finally coming to an end?

neeyore

Reaction score
We're glued to the news about whats happening in Libya, just praying that this is it and Gaddafi's evil regime will finally be over. I don't want to speak too soon but ...woo hoo!! seems like we're finally getting somewhere :happydance: Just hope it will all be finished quickly, far far too many innocent lives have been lost in all of this.

I hope so, he disgusts me. He does have a lot of followers though so I hope if he gets put out of power, another psycho doesnt take his place.

I hope so, he disgusts me. He does have a lot of followers though so I hope if he gets put out of power, another psycho doesnt take his place.

My hubby and Dad are Libyan and so watch the arabic channels which cover a lot more than bbc and sky. The transitional council set to take over until more permanent measures can be put into place seem very well put together. They consist of some very fair, open and well-respected people who have already drafted a new constitution. The most important thing is that they are going to put the Libyan people first, which is something people over there haven't had for 42 years. Here's hoping that people are finally going to get a decent wage, not have to be afraid to speak out their views anymore and have an overall better standard of living. Of course it's going to take some time though.
For some reason, a few people over here seem to think the rebels are some kind of religious fanatics set to 'take over' Libya - not at all. The only reason a lot have these huge beards because they've been on and off the road since March! :haha: They're just regular Libyans (mechanics, bakers, barbers etc) who wanted to fight in order to bring Gaddafi down, without them it couldn't have been done.
I hear what you're saying though - it does seem a trend that leaders come to power seemingly with the best of intentions at first, then let the power get to their heads. Hopefully that won't be the case here in years to come.

Edit: oh and compared to the mass population, Gaddafi has just a small minority of supporters. I should say 'had' as I've no doubt whichever of those that can will attempt to crawl back into the woodwork as if they never followed him in the first place.

I just wonder what Saif is feeling like right now. He always came across as being very cocky.

I just wonder what Saif is feeling like right now. He always came across as being very cocky.

oh absolutely! he is extremely so, although we've learned now that he has not been arrested after all. The transitional council wanted it to be released that he was (even though he wasnt) to try to lure him out and see where his location was. It's because of this very cockiness that he came out to show he hadn't been arrested. Apparently, they (the council) wanted to confirm that he was in fact at the main compound! A bit confusing at the mo, just hope they know what they're doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->