Is it ok to use hair removal cream on bikini line during pregnancy?

familygirl30

Reaction score
If so can any of u ladies recommend me a good one? I'm used to going to a salon to have my legs and bikini done with sugaring hair removal,but decided at the moment to shave legs and use cream on bikini area to save cost

I can't remember the brand that I normally use but mine does have a warning about use during pregnancy. I would avoid it if possible.

i use the veet in shower cream, used it through both my pregnancies with no probs :)

I used veet the whole way through my pregnancy, I would just put it on EVERYWHERE :blush: TMI - I placed a small piece of tissue over the opening of my vagina so as to not get any up there.... The only thing I will say is I noticed my skin down there was a bit more sensitive while pregnant so when I washed it off I would rub pure aloe vera gel on..

Veet sensitive

Just don't leave it in longer than thy say

i woudnt use it. probably best to stay away from chemicals as much as possible. i do have a trick about the bikini line- using Hubby's razor. mens razors are so much better for sensitive skin and get all the hair off in one swoop!

first thing that came to mind when i read the title of the post...you can see ur bikini line?? lol....i've been shaving as normal however i've just been closing my eyes and going by feel lol...
i wouldn't know for sure about hair removal creams but you could always just double check with ur midwife or doc...some products have to have pregnancy warnings on them but may not be as dangerous as it seems...ur doc/mw would be able to say if there really is a risk to worry about...

Short term risk, no. Long term risk, most likely. No way of telling what it does to baby's cells, as these things don't get tested on pregnant women. I do know that those chemical hair removal creams after a few months of use (not during pregnancy) messed up my skin, gave me dermatitis and left a horrible scar right on my crotch area.

Don't get bored waiting for the cream to do its work and *ahem* close your legs! I did this.....bit drafty :haha:

A midwife said to me at fine as it doesn't get absorbed by the blood stream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->