Is it only me or do you find it hard to cut babies nails?

glamgirl

Mum of a beautiful Son
Reaction score
As the title says, is it just me???? Jayden keeps moving, i`m so scared of hurting him. Sometimes i try to sing so his attention is on me and he forgets what i`m doing. But it is hard!!!!

How about you ladies? How do you find it?

very hard-i managed to trim 2 nails before he fidgeted too much! i need to attempt to do it again, as they are so long!

Yea ive managed to cut it all as they were too long and he was hurting his face and my face too. And they are very sharp and hurts a lot when they try to scratch you.

yeah i find it really hard to, i try and do one nail then i leave it for a bit and then do another one takes a while but works, i just used my fingers i dont use clippers,

its impossible to cut noahs now - he just won't keep still! If i do it when he's asleep he wakes up :dohh:

my Hv told me in no uncertain terms not to try to cut Chloes nails as she has seen injuries far too often, I file them every day with the soft side of an emery board, as advised by her

My mother has been cutting Josh's since he was born because I always been so scared of cutting his little fingers!!!:dohh:

Ive tried when he is sleeping but he will wake up. So i`m always trying to do it slowly even if it takes years. Even his toes are hard as he will try to kick me. :)

I bite Addisons.

I used to clip them, but once I clipped and it bled. No thanks, I felt sooooooo bad

Bite em off when they are asleep, easy peasy since they are so soft.
Just the thought of going near them with clippers or scissors gives me a panic attack!.

Jack just won't let me do it! Therefore I have to do it when he is sleeping ^^

I don't really have problems with this. I sit Hannah in my lap facing out (usually towards the TV which somewhat distracts her) and give her a toy in one hand than clip the other hand. She does still squirm a bit and tries to grab the clippers at times but all in all I really thought it'd be much harder than it is

i wait while lilly is asleep and i bite them off, i hate nail clippers you cant feel if its the skin or the nail with my teeth i can feel the difference lol

Yuck about biting!
Mia actually enjoys her manicures, but her pedicures require another person to entertain her.

Yuck about biting!
Mia actually enjoys her manicures, but her pedicures require another person to entertain her.
:rofl::rofl::rofl: it has to be done, if i tryed with the clippers i no i would cut her, and i would be very upset:cry:

lol..Well after all the blood, grunting and having a baby blast his way out through my lady bits the thought of biting my own clean little creations nails doesnt exactly register on the yuk scale of things.

It's hard cutting Coltons. Usually I can get one hand with minimal squirming, then the other one will be horrible because he tries to grab the clippers, arches his back, screams, pulls his hands away.
But compared to his hands, his toes are like a billion times worse. I absolutely DO NOT do those until he is sleeping. He kicks and his legs are just too strong!!

It terrifies me! I hate those baby nail clippers as well - I ended up slightly catching Tristan's finger with one. He cried for about two seconds and then forgot it. I was upset for ages!!! It has really put me off cutting his nails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->